Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Firefox reduce size of page header?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 14, 2012 5:26:06 AM

Hi, when I'm running Firefox, suddenly the size of the top portion/bar of my screen has been reduced by more than half, so I cannot see the Personas properly, more than half is missing. Does anyone know a way I can make the top portion of the screen bigger, so I can see the Personas?
I am running Windows XP Professional V.5.1.2600 SP3, Firefox is version 11.
I also have a sort of related problem, in that the field that the tool-bars are in, ( ie Browser, back/forward buttons, bookmarks & etc.) takes on the same colour of whatever website I am currently looking at, ie, at the moment it is all dark grey, the same colour that the top portion of 'Toms Hardware' is....this seemed to happen at the same time. I haven't changed anything to my knowledge....anyone had a similar problem? I don't like it, there is no definition between the site & the tool-bars.
I am an old person, so detailed instructions would he a great help, I hope someone is having the same problem as me. I don't like not knowing how to fix things....Thanks in anticipation

Sylvia

:non:  :) 
April 14, 2012 6:21:59 AM

SlimSylv said:
Hi, when I'm running Firefox, suddenly the size of the top portion/bar of my screen has been reduced by more than half, so I cannot see the Personas properly, more than half is missing. Does anyone know a way I can make the top portion of the screen bigger, so I can see the Personas?
I am running Windows XP Professional V.5.1.2600 SP3, Firefox is version 11.
I also have a sort of related problem, in that the field that the tool-bars are in, ( ie Browser, back/forward buttons, bookmarks & etc.) takes on the same colour of whatever website I am currently looking at, ie, at the moment it is all dark grey, the same colour that the top portion of 'Toms Hardware' is....this seemed to happen at the same time. I haven't changed anything to my knowledge....anyone had a similar problem? I don't like it, there is no definition between the site & the tool-bars.
I am an old person, so detailed instructions would he a great help, I hope someone is having the same problem as me. I don't like not knowing how to fix things....Thanks in anticipation

Sylvia

:non:  :) 

You could click the "HELP" button (if you can read it) - Options there to troubleshoot. - Personally I would uninstall then reinstall firefox.
m
0
l
April 14, 2012 6:31:40 AM

ksiemb said:
You could click the "HELP" button (if you can read it) - Options there to troubleshoot. - Personally I would uninstall then reinstall firefox.


:hello:  Thanks, ksiemb....I accidentally found the answer! I remembered an add-on I had installed, checked it out, & sure enough, it links your tabs to the site you are looking at....I didn't realise it would halve the Personas image!! I have now uninstalled that & all is well in SlimSylv land

So both problems solved in one fell swoop!! Happy dance!! :bounce: 

:wahoo: 

Sylvia x
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 14, 2012 6:40:11 AM

SlimSylv said:
:hello:  Thanks, ksiemb....I accidentally found the answer! I remembered an add-on I had installed, checked it out, & sure enough, it links your tabs to the site you are looking at....I didn't realise it would halve the Personas image!! I have now uninstalled that & all is well in SlimSylv land

So both problems solved in one fell swoop!! Happy dance!! :bounce: 

:wahoo: 

Sylvia x

KUDOS to U !
Share
April 14, 2012 8:04:59 AM

Best answer selected by SlimSylv.
m
0
l
!