Sign in with
Your question

Do i need to do anything so my two graphic cards work together?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2009 6:57:51 PM

I have a two ATI Radeon X1900 XT Graphic Cards and i've order my new motherboard and i want to know what i do to get the two graphic cards to work together or dont i have to anything? Please Help!

More about : graphic cards work

November 2, 2009 7:11:17 PM

I believe it would only require a capable motherboard and power supply, and a crossfire bridge (the band that connects them 2).
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2009 7:14:41 PM

One of them needs to be the x1900xt Crossfire Edition card (aka a Master Card). You also need the crossfire DVI dongle that comes with the card. Basically, back in the day whe Crossfire first came out you needed a Master Card + a regular card OR (2) Master Cards. They used a dongle that plugged into the DVI out on one card and a special connector on the master card.

The cards now ALL have Crossfire built in and use a Crossfire bridge. Back in the day with the x1900's, you needed special cards. BLAH!, i know I had an x1900xtx and wanted to do this but the master cards were expensive and hard to find.

Looks like this.

Related resources
November 2, 2009 7:30:23 PM

Oh...wow...I was way off :( 
November 2, 2009 7:32:26 PM

jay2tall said:
One of them needs to be the x1900xt Crossfire Edition card (aka a Master Card). You also need the crossfire DVI dongle that comes with the card. Basically, back in the day whe Crossfire first came out you needed a Master Card + a regular card OR (2) Master Cards. They used a dongle that plugged into the DVI out on one card and a special connector on the master card.

The cards now ALL have Crossfire built in and use a Crossfire bridge. Back in the day with the x1900's, you needed special cards. BLAH!, i know I had an x1900xtx and wanted to do this but the master cards were expensive and hard to find.

Looks like this.

http://intercomp.net.ru/Grafica/video/x1900_xtx/crossfire-on-mb.jpg

So if i brought a new ATI Radeon Graphic off the shelf i could connect it up with one or both of my X1900 XT(s). Would that link them all up together??
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2009 8:03:10 PM

No, you can only use a x1900 Crossfire Edition card an a x1900XT,x1900XTX, x1900 CF Edition card together. I also believe you can use the x1950 cards.

If you got a new ATI card you may as well not even use the x1900xt cards. They have to be of the same series to crossfire.
!