Tx750w main connector doesnt fit

myborgdrone

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I have a asus p6t motherboard adn the tx750w power supply. the main power connector will not slide all the way into the motherboard. it goes almost the whole way but the clip on the ps connector will not clip on the motherboard socket. I even went and bought another tx750w to see if i had a bad one. Will not go all the way. Any advice?

shovenose

Distinguished
dont kill ur mobo....
i have had the same problem with many psus.
even when lined up correctly, the clip would not quite latch on to that lump on the spcket. it is remedied by pushing really hard, gently pushing the connector in the direction of the latch, and pushing the latch in all at the same time. however, on my modular psu the end of the 24 pin cable still doesnt quite click on. oh well

myborgdrone

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I agree that t is odd. I do have the clip lined up with the latch. I've tried pushing down on it somewhat hard (trying not to break the motherboard). I've also squeezed it by putting my fingers under the board to give the board support while pushing down with my thumbs. It will not go. I haven't tried removing the motherboard from the case and then pushing it in because I've already mounted the absurdly large heat sink I got for the processor. I may just RMA it out and get an Antec power supply. I've never had problems with those.