Where do I get the SYS_FAN and SYS_POW connectors from?

booleanyesno

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
I am doing my first computer build....

I have connected everything except for three ports on the motherboard: the SYS_FAN1, SYS_FAN2, and SYS_POW. Where do you get those connectors from? Is it the case?

I have an Antec 900 case and the fans get their power from Molex connectors. Does this mean that I don't have to connect anything to the SYS_FAN ports on my motherboard?

Thanks.

curtains

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
Don't worry about them there pretty much just for case fans(case fans are not needed, but do help ventilation better) that require 3pin power if you decide to put them in or if you want extra ventilation etc. A case like antec 900 will prob use molex connecters (them ugly annoying big 4 pin ones, you know the ones i'm talking about) for the case fans.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Are your fans connected with a molex adapter? If so then you can just unplug them from the adapter and the fan connector should be able to connect to your motherboard.

If you plug them into the motherboard then the motherboard can vary the speed based on the temperature. If you plug them into the molex they're run at 100% all the time.