A problem with my couple in Night Life

OK, so Rick and Lilly meet at the University, and after Rick graduates he
proposes to Lilly to move in and get engaged (not married). Happiness
abounds, and now I do control two sims.

One day Lilly goes out with Trista - with whom she wants to become a best
friend - using her car. They go downtown to "The Hub", dine, dance, and -
whoooops - Lilly and Trista develop a crush. OK, it happens. The date ends
well and Lilly takes her car to return home.

Back home Rick is writing a novel. I understand that Lilly will not come
back until the time when she leaved downtown (i.e. later in the day). First
strange thing: the car is in the driveway (shouldn't the car be missing if
Lilly is away with it?) Anyway, at the right time (around 8:30 PM) Lilly
returns, and she is immediatly shocked by the presence of bugs - one of
their fears. To make a long story short, since when she returned I'm unable
to control Lilly at all. Her face is not in the leftmost bar. I can interact
with her, she lives in the house et. al, but she is no more selectable.
Beside she has developed a phobia versus bugs, and has nightmares about
them.

What happened? Bug or "game feature"? My "Nightlife" installation is a clean
one: "The Sims 2", "University" then "Nightlife" - no hacks, no cheats, no
added content.

Thanks for your help!

That definitely sounds like a bug - I think you'd be better asking either
Maxis or the people at mod the sims 2. Maxis probably won't be much help
but they need to know about a bug like that.

Best wishes
maxon