Physxcudart_20.dll not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
i just got a 5850 and i try to play section 8 and borderlands and i get this erreor message. This application has failed to start because physxcudart_20.dll was not found. Re-installing this applicatin may fix this problem. Well, it doesnt fix the problem. Is there any way i can put in my old gtx 260 and use it as a physx card since i have the ati hd 5850. Or what can i do to fix the problem.

Download a driver cleaner app and wipe both ATi and Nvidia display driver packages off the system and uninstall anything Physx also and do a fresh install of the latest ATi display driver package, and maybe do a reinstall of borderlands (should re-assess the system and disable physx etc)

Note physx apparently isnt available (disabled automatically) on systems that use ATi video cards, even if you have an Nvidia video card as a dedicated physx card etc - thank Nvidia for another great idea.

Hope this helps

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
For some reason the edit button does not work. This is what I want to say:
No need. Just go to nvidia.com and download the latest Physix-only driver if it isn't on the games' disc. Many games require this driver even if you have an ati card.

ggas

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
A simple and accurate fix was to download the physxcudart_20.dll file(http://www.dllguru.com/download.php?file=physxcudart_20.dll). Then move/copy the file into your "c :/windows/system32" (32bit windows) and/or" c :/windows/sysWoW64" folder then run the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.