Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Physxcudart_20.dll not found

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2009 9:33:03 PM

i just got a 5850 and i try to play section 8 and borderlands and i get this erreor message. This application has failed to start because physxcudart_20.dll was not found. Re-installing this applicatin may fix this problem. Well, it doesnt fix the problem. Is there any way i can put in my old gtx 260 and use it as a physx card since i have the ati hd 5850. Or what can i do to fix the problem.

More about : physxcudart dll found

a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2009 10:13:06 AM

Download a driver cleaner app and wipe both ATi and Nvidia display driver packages off the system and uninstall anything Physx also and do a fresh install of the latest ATi display driver package, and maybe do a reinstall of borderlands (should re-assess the system and disable physx etc)

Note physx apparently isnt available (disabled automatically) on systems that use ATi video cards, even if you have an Nvidia video card as a dedicated physx card etc - thank Nvidia for another great idea.

Hope this helps
November 3, 2009 7:55:33 PM

No need. Just go to nvidia.com and download the Physix driver if it isn't come on the games' disc.
November 3, 2009 8:05:05 PM

For some reason the edit button does not work. This is what I want to say:
No need. Just go to nvidia.com and download the latest Physix-only driver if it isn't on the games' disc. Many games require this driver even if you have an ati card.
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 7:00:41 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!