INSTALL WIDOW XP 64 BIT ON I5 LAPTOP

fewtron

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
I have toshiba core i5 second gen,8gb ram, 500 gb hdd,how can i install xp 64 bit on it.i just want os not bother about driver or any other issue.plase.
when i ran setup, i am getting blue death sreen when setupfinishes file loading andrady to produce setup welcome screen?

Solution
This one is pretty obvious. The laptop is set to AHCI and XP doesn't like AHCI without the chipset drivers.

Check your bios for a AHCI/IDE toggle switch. If your bios doesn't have one or you wish to use AHCI, you will need the chipset drivers on a disk or slipstreamed on the cd.
Look for an error message that says something like this, but with maybe different numbers:

STOP: 0x0000007B (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE) (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Come back with the first set of numbers, right after the "STOP:" message, like the ones above that ended with 7B. Don't need all the other numbers.. yet.

This one is pretty obvious. The laptop is set to AHCI and XP doesn't like AHCI without the chipset drivers.

Check your bios for a AHCI/IDE toggle switch. If your bios doesn't have one or you wish to use AHCI, you will need the chipset drivers on a disk or slipstreamed on the cd.

Solution

Or the board has a Silicon Image raid controller with settings for Raid/non-Raid and it's set wrong, but I agree in this case 99.99% that you are correct.