i have instlalled xp home edition on my Gateway MT3707 that originally came with vista. all seems good except sound (hi Def) cant seem to get it to work. any ideas drivers ect,.
Trouble shoot Audio Problems.
1) -Make sure speakers are not muted.
2) -Make sure Windows Audio Service is set to Automatic & Started. (Run services.msc) Scroll down to Windows Audio Double click, start the service. And it should be set to "Automatic"
3) -Download & save to your desktop, Audio drivers for your computer model and Operating System from your Computer MFG Site. (Do not Install yet)
4) -Uninstall Audio Drivers in Device manager & Reboot.
5) -When new hardware is detected, point to desktop for drivers.