Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Raid or Not??

Last response: in Storage
September 9, 2011 9:29:41 PM

Having a 2 T.B. W.D.2002FAEX-007BAOAAT, Black HD in my gaming rig and also having the same HD in a exturnel storage(Eagletech) Do I realie need to a Raid.I do some video edd, with some large files. also if I do a raid can I put the files back on the HDs when I reformat them.Now I have two new WD two tb,same as above if it will make a differance My rig CM932haf asus crosshairIV 16gigs corsair Domgt amd1100T 2X XFX6970 1200 Antec Pro PSU& a 920cpu cooler

More about : raid

a c 82 G Storage
September 10, 2011 12:48:40 AM

You definitely don't need to RAID.
Quote:
also if I do a raid can I put the files back on the HDs when I reformat them.
What do you mean?
m
l
September 10, 2011 1:12:40 AM

I ment could I reloud windows & all my games,files Ext.from exturnel backup,I did not think I needed to do a raid,but it was just something new to me thanks for the Tip
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a c 82 G Storage
September 10, 2011 2:15:34 AM

It usually can be done, but it depends on how it was backed up and on the RAID controller.

Unless you understand why you need to implement a RAID and how to back it up, you probably shouldn't do it. At a minimum you need to understand that RAID 0 improves transfer rates (this is why so many people use it), but a single hard disk failure causes the loss of all data on the RAID. RAID or not, you need to backup important data.
September 20, 2011 12:51:50 AM

Best answer selected by laundryman.
m
l
!