Solved

Raid or Not??

Having a 2 T.B. W.D.2002FAEX-007BAOAAT, Black HD in my gaming rig and also having the same HD in a exturnel storage(Eagletech) Do I realie need to a Raid.I do some video edd, with some large files. also if I do a raid can I put the files back on the HDs when I reformat them.Now I have two new WD two tb,same as above if it will make a differance My rig CM932haf asus crosshairIV 16gigs corsair Domgt amd1100T 2X XFX6970 1200 Antec Pro PSU& a 920cpu cooler
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about raid
  1. You definitely don't need to RAID.
    Quote:
    also if I do a raid can I put the files back on the HDs when I reformat them.
    What do you mean?
  2. I ment could I reloud windows & all my games,files Ext.from exturnel backup,I did not think I needed to do a raid,but it was just something new to me thanks for the Tip
  3. Best answer
    It usually can be done, but it depends on how it was backed up and on the RAID controller.

Unless you understand why you need to implement a RAID and how to back it up, you probably shouldn't do it. At a minimum you need to understand that RAID 0 improves transfer rates (this is why so many people use it), but a single hard disk failure causes the loss of all data on the RAID. RAID or not, you need to backup important data.
  4. Best answer selected by laundryman.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID HD Storage