Graphics for Digital Photography

How much graphics power does a digital photographer need for running Adobe Photoshop and Adobe LightRoom? Would onboard HD4200 be enough, or should one go to a separate graphics card?
4 answers Last reply
More about graphics digital photography
  1. That should do just fine.
  2. Yep you're fine, it's really about accuracy more than power, and nowadays they're all pretty good.

Only if you want a higher bit depth would I switch cards to full DP support, and even then you need a monitor that supports it.

For now go with what you've got it's more than fine, and then research if you'd even care about higher bitdepth.
  3. Thanks - I'm trying to figure out what my grown son the digital photographer should get to replace his single-core Pentium 4 with 2 GB RAM running Win XP. For a wedding, he typically processes about 2000 images through LightRoom and PhotoShop, with the images residing on external USB-connected hard drives. I'm not sure where the bottleneck is for this kind of work. My guess is that he should have a reasonable-speed quad-core processor (preferably 45nm process) with 4 GB RAM and a 500 GB+ hard drive. Separately I am getting him a 1 TB external drive with e-SATA capability.
  4. A son couldn't ask for a better father.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Photo Adobe Graphics