Building a controller for the water system.

tater2321

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
I am looking into building my first water cooling system. Going to build most of it myself. I have everything figured out except the fan controller. I would like to have the radiator fan controller by the temperature of either the water or the CPU block. I am looking for some ideas and a general direction to look in. Thanks for all the help.

tater2321

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
That is one idea I have. I want something that gets the temperature from the liquid. This way the system's goal will be keep the water cooled which in return keeps all parts cooled, not just CPU.

tater2321

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
@benikens: yeah, that is more of a last resort. it can control a lot of fans and all. i have one on my gaming rig.

@rubix_1011: to control fan speed.

Basically I want a easy circuit that I can build to make a fan controller that will controller my fan depending on the water temperature.

EDIT: http://www.electronics-diy.com/electronic_schematic.php?id=1036

That is what I want to do. I just need some help in building the circuit. I do not want to buy something that has many fan controllers when I only want to controller one maybe two. I am building this on my server because the fans on it our so loud.