ASRock X58 Extreme vs ASUS P6X58D Premium

189, ASRock http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157189

299, ASUS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614

Think I'm going to go with the ASRock for my i7 930, thoughts?
4 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme asus p6x58d premium
  1. ASRock verses anything else (except maybe ECS): I vote for "anything else".
  2. ^+1000000

    ASUS: Quality,
    ASRock: Cheap, quality?
  3. slawsonk said:
    189, ASRock http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157189

    299, ASUS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614

    Think I'm going to go with the ASRock for my i7 930, thoughts?
    Purchased the ASRock X58 Extreme in May 2009 and have had no issues with it whatsoever. It has been a stable and reliable board that makes it easy to OC my D0 920 to 4GHz. I leave the machine running 24/7 except for the occasional shut down to blow out the dust bunnies and/or swap out parts.

    Based on recent reviews on Newegg, it seems there has been a bad batch of them, but I will tell you that if you get a good one, you will have a solid and stable mobo that just works with no hardware issues.

    If/when you do buy, be sure to update to the latest BIOS and use memory from the QVL.

    The joke about comparing Asus to ASRock is that ASRock is a spin-off brand of Asus...lol! And, of all the "value" brand motherboards, I believe ASRock to be the best.
  4. chunkymonster said:

    The joke about comparing Asus to ASRock is that ASRock is a spin-off brand of Asus...lol!

    True.

    Quote:

    And, of all the "value" brand motherboards, I believe ASRock to be the best.

    Probably true.

    I have an ECS motherboard that has been worth every penny I paid for it. It was $200 and Frye's threw in a free Q6600. :sarcastic:
    Or do I have that backwards ...

    I'm old and easily confused by all this technology. :D
    ----------
    Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Intel i7 ASrock Product