Best Fan Controller

Tags:
  • Sabertooth
  • Fan Controller
  • Software
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 19, 2012 8:59:37 AM

So, I'm having issues with my fan control via software..

I've got the Sabertooth 990fx mobo and it's got some great features for temp monitoring and fan control, but I'd really like to add to add a hardware fan controller (3.5 or 5.25..whatever is best).

Anyway, what do you guys recommend?? I've got an NZXT Lexa S case with a 120mm front, 120mm side, 120mm rear and two 140mm top fans and I'd actually like to control the 140mm and 120mm in my Noctua D-14 HSF too if that's an option. I'd just like to have on the fly fan control and possibly rpm and temp monitoring..??

More about : fan controller

February 25, 2012 7:53:47 AM

I have two Scythe Kaze Server 5.25" fan controllers (KS01-BK) and I highly recommend it for you. It only have 4 lanes (4 separate fans) but comes with a extremly useful tool - the Server version is the only one that besides manual & automatic mode also have Semi-Automatic mode which is a superb tool: You begin with fasten a temp sensor to what surface you want to messure. First you choose a target temp (for HDDs 35 degrees Celcius), then you choose a minimal target RPM (like 390 RPM for my 220 mm chassi fan thats cooling the HDD & SSD storage part of my case). After that the cooling is temperature-operated and will automaticly adjust the RPM after how hot the component is AND make sure you dont have more RPM noise from the fans then what your minimum fan speed is pre-set (by yourself) to be! You should anyway be informed that this product comes with a somehow annoing thing: you MUST have the eyes in the same hight as the display is to be able to see what numbers it is showing, otherwise the numbers will be unreadeble!

Love this controller and have all my fans conected to it and none attached to the MB (beside the CPU fan) with its so called "built-in fan controller" that just sucks!

There is also a Scythe Kaze PRO version that have 6 fan lanes, but dont have the semi-automatic mode. It only have manual and auto mode (eider a pre-set constant RPM or a minimum temperature pre-set, if it goes under that temp the fan simply stops to spinn at all). Pasting a link to the product here under. Hope this helped you out :-)

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/061/ks01_detail.h...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 1:39:05 PM

masterofevil22 said:
So, I'm having issues with my fan control via software..

I've got the Sabertooth 990fx mobo and it's got some great features for temp monitoring and fan control, but I'd really like to add to add a hardware fan controller (3.5 or 5.25..whatever is best).

Anyway, what do you guys recommend?? I've got an NZXT Lexa S case with a 120mm front, 120mm side, 120mm rear and two 140mm top fans and I'd actually like to control the 140mm and 120mm in my Noctua D-14 HSF too if that's an option. I'd just like to have on the fly fan control and possibly rpm and temp monitoring..??

I personally used this touch screen fan controllers, it controls 5 System fans ant it give you an individual temps of each fan being controlled. Take a look at this link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
July 5, 2012 8:51:04 PM

Zalman ZM-MFC3 Multi Fan Controller best i can find by far!!!
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
July 6, 2012 3:19:55 AM

Nesteq do 8channel rotary units and 8channel touchscreens as well, I use three of the rotary ones on my build and can't fault them, 30w per channel and solid,
Moto
m
l
July 14, 2012 6:07:03 PM

You should look into those issues because if your thermal radar is working properly you can't get any better..I have the Sabertooth Z77 and my thermal Radar is working so sweet....Maybe try reinstalling the Al Suite II software mine had issues also but mine is working fine now...
m
l
!