Better Motherboard

I wanted to know if anyone could recommend me a motherboard that supports an intel core i7 920, a XFX Ati radeon HD 5870, more than 4gb of ram and a corsair power supply 650w. I need one that isnt too expensive but can support everything i mentioned before, thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about better motherboard
  1. Not sure what you mean by "too expensive", they don't come cheap for the i7 but here's one that is reasonable and a great motherboard. GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard about $218 with shipping from newegg.com. Check the specs, should be able to do everything you need. Have fun getting your build up and running.
  2. ^ + 1

That is an excellent board for the money. I am a fan of the whole UD series of Gigabyte boards in general.

Working link ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128423
  3. I am also a fan for Gigabyte motherboards (have 5).

Keep in mind that the i7-900's use triple channel RAM. So for best performance, you need to install RAM in sets of three for best performance.
  4. Hi.

What is your budget for the mobo?, because that UD3R is a very good mobo for the money, the only problem is that don't support USB 3.0 when U use Crossfire.
  5. im really not worried about the crossfire cause im not gonna use it. Besides im changing the mobo once i change my graphic card and my power supply, so ill buy it if ive got money left.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product