EVGA EVGA P55 V motherboard BIOS Features

quanta08

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Hi all,

I want to know about EVGA P55 V (Micro) motherboard features specially BIOS, does it have OC options.

Please share your opinions about this board. Is it good for Core i5 processor in 120$ price range?

Apparently the EVGA P55V board has a sub-par BIOS in terms of overclockability, but that may be rectified with a BIOS upgrade. Also, both PCI-e lanes are locked at 8x 8x bandwidth, which may cause a bottleneck if you do plan to use any higher end cards, like the ATi Radeon HD 5870. As for it being a good Core i5 board for $120, you could get an MSI P55 CD53 motherboard if you only intend to use one graphic card for less than $100 IIRC, otherwise I'd go for the ASUS P7P55D-E LX w/SATA III and USB 3.0 for like $20 more. If you want a CrossFireX/SLI ready board, I wouldn't know sorry.

quanta08

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008

" Also, both PCI-e lanes are locked at 8x 8x bandwidth " :eek: That's not listed on EVGA site :fou: .

It seems to be more suitable for the SLI or CrossFire setup's, no one like to run PCI-E on 8x bandwidth on a single card :??: