Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] MSI P55-GD65 - Frozen at bootup splash

Last response: in Motherboards
April 19, 2010 11:14:27 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here and I wanted to share something that I haven't seen explicitly mentioned before.

I just built a new Intel i5 750 machine and chose the MSI P55-GD65 motherboard. After playing around with overclocking it (still working on that, a lot of information to digest for someone who's never overclocked before :p  ) I found that my PC was stuck in a reboot cycle. No big deal I thought, I'll just reset the CMOS with the motherboard jumper.

After resetting the CMOS by powering down the PC and moving the jumper, I found that the PC would boot and just freeze at the MSI splash screen. After a little bit of panicking and playing around, I was able to resolve it by physically unplugging my computer's power (from the wall, or unplug from your power supply), then resetting the CMOS by moving the jumper. After moving the jumper to the reset position, and back to the normal position with the computer unplugged, I was able to boot right up.

Nothing too fancy, just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else gets stuck like I did.

Hope that helps somebody out there :D 
a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 9:47:43 PM

I had a similar problem but with no POST. Same CPU and mobo. Brought it in to the store I bought it at and the tech plugged it in - booted right up. Apparently this unplugging thing is a miracle cure ;) 
m
l
!