2nd Watercooling build log

grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
So after once trying watercooling I decided to do a 2nd build on same PC.
I was disappointed with the placement of reservoir and the fact that the HAF 932 is so tiny and hard to work with unmodified.
Also I wanted to eliminate leak damage, so now if reservoir, rad, pump leak no PC component gets water over it.

I decided to drill out DVD and Harddrives as I only use SSD:

I don't have washers for the M3 screws so I use Cable ties to install front radiator:

Started put in some tubes:

Motherboard installed:

Tubing complete until GPU blocks get:

I make a BIG MISTAKE on reservoir tubing, now It is difficult to fill, so I need take a Coca Cola plastic bottle, drill hole in Coke cap, put a straw in it and fill reservoir :D
Once I make my 3rd and final build (gpu blocks + external rad) I put LONG tubes to Reservoir.

I'm running out of tubes and will have to wait until I make my GPU block order to get more tubing.

I spent like 2-4 hours on trying to make the tubing between Pump and Rad to not kink, all my tubes were kinking finally using 2x 45degree fitting on Rad it is almost no kink!

I'm having 2x 7950 and 1x 7970 all in this computer, so I also going to Buy Phobya Super Nova 1080 so that no noise is coming from PC :)

Buy list for 3rd and hopefuly final build:

Phobya 1080 + 4x 180mm silent fans :eek:
M3 Washers
M3 Screwdriver <--- Where the hell I can get this, I have 1 million bits none fit the M3 and Res screw so I have to use that tiny align key that came From EK Res.
2x EK-7950 GPU block
1x EK 7970 GPU Block
2-4 meter Tubing
Phobya Sandwich Foam Pad for D5 pump
2x Silver Coil
Maybe I also get Tube cutter but the Scissors I have cut good aswell :eek:
Maybe I get HAF932 door with big window so see inside case :eek:

Have you considered a fillport for the reservoir? It might be a bit difficult to install, but it will fix your filling issue if you mount it properly.

Just curious, what kind of tubing are you using? As long as the tubes are evenly cut, you don't really need a tube cutter...I use a knife ;)

Where do you plan to put the PSU? Just gauging where you're headed with this build.

grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

yes, I got impulsive with the 7970, should have waited and got 3 7950 lol, I'm hoping they work nice together in tri-fire

grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I'm starting to regret having all rad fans pusing air in, right now only the gpu's blow air out, I might have to put 1 exhaus fan on rear and 1 on top.

That would help facilitate airflow, but as long as the air has somewhere to go (i.e. not just getting trapped in the case) you'll be fine.

grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

I now updated top post with final build and case fan airflow arrows, I might in future make the rear fan exhaust.

grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Only reason I haw the rear fan as intake is because I'm worried about the motherboard VRM as those are passive otherwise.

I have a 1045t x6 phenom II, stock it is 2.7ghz 13.5x200, I want OC it to 3.6-4GHz.

I know my mobo can do atleast 275fsb never tried higher then 275.