Buying new pc with SSD

gadgetfreak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hi,

I'm planing to buy a new pc with SSD.
I wanted to ask what do you think about ‏OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPs 2.5'' 120GB?
is there any problem with BSOD or freezing?
I've read a lot of reviews on this drive and others and i'm confused.
i need your help to decide.

Thanks

So the pc is pre-built and all you have to do is turn it on? If so, it's probably been tested and you don't have to worry about it.

All of the stuttering & BSOD issues I've read about have been from users who purchase the SSD separately to build a new system or add to an existing system.

In that case then yes, there are stuttering & BSOD issues with 1-2% of the drives. Most of those issues have been fixed with firmware 2.11. I'm going to get one myself on Black Friday.

Look into the Crucial M4 if you're unsure about the Max IOPS; the reviews on them are really good.

gadgetfreak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
My motherboard is ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE.
I'm aware of to all the tech data of the SSD drives but i want to know if there will be a big diffrence in preformence in games?
So it's worth the money if i will buy the SATA 3 SSD?

"So it's worth the money if i will buy the SATA 3 SSD? "

The new SSD's are 550 MBp. If ya have a older SATA II MoBo, you will bottleneck the new SSD's

Here's the results on this box ......

Asus WS Revolution (x16 x16)
i7 -2600k OC'd to 4.8 Ghz
2 x 4GB CAS 7 DDR3-1600
Twin 560 Ti (900 MHz), OC'd to 1000 Mhz
Seagate Barracuda XT 2 TB
OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB
Win 7 Professional dual booting off either SSD or HD via BIOS

Boot To Windows SSD - 15.6 seconds
Boot To Windows SSD - 21.2 seconds

Load MMO SSD - 45 seconds
Load MMO HD - 45 seconds

The SSD actually trailed slightly when carrying the timeout to tenths of a second.... considered that within the testing accuracy.

The Cuda is a very fast HD ... undoubtedly, your mileage will; vary depending upon how fast ya HD is.