Sign in with
Your question

A good motherboard for an ATI Raden HD 4670

Last response: in Motherboards
April 19, 2010 6:16:24 PM

Hello,
I have an Asus P5VD2-MX SE (Graphic integrated) motherboard, and i bought an ATI Radeon HD 4670, 1GB memory, wish motherboard should i buy? Thank you
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 19, 2010 6:57:07 PM

It's not necesary to change the mobo. You can install your new graphic card in the PCIex16 slot.
Don't forget to enter bios and disable the onboard vga.
April 19, 2010 8:44:43 PM

Thank you Henry,

Never occurred to me that i had to desable the onboard vga.

And about the memmory? I have 1 GB, can i add another GB, i see another slot available?

Manuel
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 19, 2010 9:01:34 PM

Yes, you can install another 1Gb DDR2 module.
April 20, 2010 10:40:34 AM

Thank you again Henry,

I can't find on the bios where to disable the integrated graphics card, can you help me on this

Thank you,

Manuel
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2010 12:28:03 PM

Enter Bios
1)Advanced (Menu)
2)AGP & P2P bridge configuration
3)Primary Graphic adapter: Select PCIe

(page 2-18 of your mobo manual)
April 20, 2010 12:55:17 PM

Henry,

You have been a great help, thank you again

Manuel
April 20, 2010 5:32:06 PM

H Henry,

It's me again, i can't find the path you mencioned on the bios, the farest i can go is to "Advanced", then i have, amongst other options, one that says "PCIPnP", under this option, i have "Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA", that at the moment is set to "Yes". In the case this is the right thing to do, do i install the graphic card first, enter the bios and set it to "No"?

Tanck you for your time,

Manuel
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2010 5:54:13 PM

pccruzadas said:
H Henry,

It's me again, i can't find the path you mencioned on the bios, the farest i can go is to "Advanced", then i have, amongst other options, one that says "PCIPnP", under this option, i have "Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA", that at the moment is set to "Yes". In the case this is the right thing to do, do i install the graphic card first, enter the bios and set it to "No"?

Tanck you for your time,

Manuel

Ok, I forgot to write the second step.

Enter Bios
1)Advanced (Menu)
2)Chipset
2)AGP & P2P bridge configuration
3)Primary Graphic adapter: Select PCIe
April 21, 2010 12:31:20 AM

Hi Henry,

This time i got it, was hiden on that chipset option, thank you. I am still wondering if beyhond the 1Gb memory that i am thinking to add, i could obtain a better performance with a new mobo and a new cpu. You know, i am adicted to Second Life game, i have a race bike there, and there is a guy that i want to kick his ass. Anyway, thanks again.

Manuel
!