A good motherboard for an ATI Raden HD 4670

Hello,
I have an Asus P5VD2-MX SE (Graphic integrated) motherboard, and i bought an ATI Radeon HD 4670, 1GB memory, wish motherboard should i buy? Thank you
9 answers Last reply
More about good motherboard raden 4670
  1. It's not necesary to change the mobo. You can install your new graphic card in the PCIex16 slot.
    Don't forget to enter bios and disable the onboard vga.
  2. Thank you Henry,

Never occurred to me that i had to desable the onboard vga.

And about the memmory? I have 1 GB, can i add another GB, i see another slot available?

Manuel
  3. Yes, you can install another 1Gb DDR2 module.
  4. Thank you again Henry,

I can't find on the bios where to disable the integrated graphics card, can you help me on this

Thank you,

Manuel
  5. Enter Bios
    1)Advanced (Menu)
    2)AGP & P2P bridge configuration
    3)Primary Graphic adapter: Select PCIe

(page 2-18 of your mobo manual)
  6. Henry,

You have been a great help, thank you again

Manuel
  7. H Henry,

It's me again, i can't find the path you mencioned on the bios, the farest i can go is to "Advanced", then i have, amongst other options, one that says "PCIPnP", under this option, i have "Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA", that at the moment is set to "Yes". In the case this is the right thing to do, do i install the graphic card first, enter the bios and set it to "No"?

Tanck you for your time,

Manuel
  8. pccruzadas said:
    H Henry,

It's me again, i can't find the path you mencioned on the bios, the farest i can go is to "Advanced", then i have, amongst other options, one that says "PCIPnP", under this option, i have "Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA", that at the moment is set to "Yes". In the case this is the right thing to do, do i install the graphic card first, enter the bios and set it to "No"?

Tanck you for your time,

Manuel

Ok, I forgot to write the second step.

Enter Bios
    1)Advanced (Menu)
    2)Chipset
    2)AGP & P2P bridge configuration
    3)Primary Graphic adapter: Select PCIe
  9. Hi Henry,

This time i got it, was hiden on that chipset option, thank you. I am still wondering if beyhond the 1Gb memory that i am thinking to add, i could obtain a better performance with a new mobo and a new cpu. You know, i am adicted to Second Life game, i have a race bike there, and there is a guy that i want to kick his ass. Anyway, thanks again.

Manuel
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards HD ATI