Huge artifacting, weird sound, forced to restart.

whitefang

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Hey, I just saw another thread very similar to mine about a similar issue.

I was playing company of heroes and my screen went half black (bottom half) and the top half had all these artifacts completely covering over it and flashing and blinking, and there was a repeated sound too, I was forced to restart my PC because there no mouse pointer and it was completely black and pixelated like a mess.

These are my specs.

Processor: AMD Phenom 720 OC to 3.2 ghz
VideoCard: TWO Radeon HD 4830's in CrossfireX
Memory: 4GB of DDR2 1066 mhz
Power supply: Coolermaster real power pro 750W sustained 900W max
Monitor: CRT 20"

I tried reinstalling my video card drivers, no luck.

I also have overclocked my video card before, but only for a short while, highest temp I ever seen was when playing crysis for 4 hours straight and top video card reached 82C and I emmediately turned the game off and let it cool down, ever since then I never put high GFX on crysis again.

Any ideas?

btw idle temp for bottom video card is 40C and top is 51C, when gaming bottom is 49C and top is 66C or so, it doesn't get much air =( they are practically touching each other.

oh and this has happened 3-4x so far, no more then 4 though, always while playing company of heroes.

tecmo34

Administrator
It only does this with Company of Heroes? Sounds like a possible driver related issue with the game or an issue itself with the game.

I would update your GPU drivers... uninstall and reinstall COH, than install the latest patches. See if that helps out any...

TRENDING THREADS