bthug7

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Doing a build and cutting costs is definitely a plus. Thishttp://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch_v3.asp?scriteria=BA42027 Is only $99.99 as an mclub member. Additionally I am buying another item on the site so I have a 10 of 100 coupon along with a $5 review coupon basically making this kit $85 dollars with no tax or rebates. Looks like a pretty good deal for 1333 mhz ddr3. My only reservation is that its a no name brand.

Any advice, experience with avexir, or maybe a good deal out there on a 4gb kit I am missing?

whydoyousaythat

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010

Where does it say it's made in China, I thought it's a Taiwan company? Do you have a problem with that too, and if so is it for a technical reason of low quality with something to back it up or is it political or what? "I wouldn't buy that" is only meaningful if we know who you are and more importantly, why you take such a position.

stevenhjlee

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Avexir is 100% made in Taiwan, Repblic of China (ROC). The company is located in Hsincu, Taiwan, it is lthe city like the silicon Valley in US for many semiconducter Technology companies.

Althought the brand nanme is new, the company is used to OEM for may international big brand names like OCZ, Geil, Muhskin and so on.

The teams of company are also have more than 15 years experience for Dram in the industry.

You maybe not head for the brand name before, but definately it is very worthwhile to take a try for its value in terms of quality and price.

whydoyousaythat

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Thank you Steven. Going for well known brand names is really not an informed decision, as we know some name brands may have someone else manufacture their product, and sometimes different manufacturers for different models and so forth. Without knowing details like this individuals anecdotal opinions are virtually meaningless, as anyone with an appreciation of basic statistics will understand.

netdok

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

For a Newbie, you seem to have
1) an argumentative attitude
2) a fairly apparent political agenda
3) enough mouth for 6 sets of teeth

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
^ Agreed
Avexir is a 3rd party OEM just starting to cut their teeth with their own brandname. They manufacture for 3rd and 4th tier quality, hence manufacturing for Geil and Muskin (and OCZ only uses them occasionally).
Brand names are important - Crucial (Micron's module name brand - they make their own DRAM chips, 1 of 4 DRAM mfgs in the world), Kingston (the 2nd biggest DRAM consumer in the world, only behind HP - this means they get the cream of the crop, leaving the "scraps" to the rest) and Corsair (reputable quality control and the only 3rd party mfg I trust).

Don't but Avexir. Plus you can buy better ram for cheaper - like mindless728 posted

skyray

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I wanted some LED Ram because I like the aesthetics,pure and simple. I've had my eye on Crucial Tactical Tracer memory for some time now. Very good reviews in regards to performance and reliability. Corsair has come out with Dominator Platinum with white LED's for now but colors kits are supposed to come out in December. We all know how good the Corsair memory is.

Today, I saw some Avexir Core LED memory in an MSI build for the new MPower series mobo's and products. It has a different aestheic that would also look very good in the right build. While researching that, I stumbled across a soon to be released line from Avexir called Blitz. It's some of the most awesome LED type memory I've seen yet :eek: but I had no idea whom Avexir was.

Psaus and mindless728 have a low opinion of it. Has anyone else bought and used this memory? What was (is) your experience with it? I ask because, while it's true that some other manufacturers may have a long established reputation and may be "safer" initially, that doesn't mean that this is a poor product. There's also the fact that, aesthetically, there's not much choice if you want LED Ram that I know of.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I know this post is old but Im watching Avexir also. I have been trying to dig up dirt on them but all is quiet because the RAM looks nice and I never heard of them till I saw the MSI mPOwer unvieled. From reviews on Newegg, people are happy. It would be nice to see more competition.

We have to remember also, the best can sometimes faulter also. I love Corsair and i've gotten a bad stick from them. I've bought from Gksill and the sticks were a pain in the rear. I went back to Corsair and got good RAM. I see some OC the Avexir sticks and are holding well. I wouldn't mind taking a chance. 16GB kit for $79 is not bad! The mPower sticks look nice. Wish we could change the color of the lights. The mPower Ram only seem to be yellow.

bthug7

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I ended up going with Avexir and it has served me now. Haven't had any issues and am now up to 12 GB of it. About 6 months ago I was having stability issues with my system and questioned the ram, but the actual issue was with the power supply. I will definitely continue to purchase Avexir ram in the future, great price/performance.

gonzo619

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Anyone who says Avexir is bad is crazy. They are a excellent company growing fast. I got 16gb MPOWER ddr3 1866 ram on order. They have red LEDs and they are even doing custom laser etching for me. The latency is 9 which isnt bad. The customer service is excellent and their shipping time for international orders is fast. I think they will end up climbing to the top of the ram industry over the next couple years.

200X68_mpower_red.gif

710X120_led_change.jpg

monkxy

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
its made from china i will not buy that ram, china will spy on you absolutely its a wrong idea, led is just a good cover to their poor products, Chinese staff in the plants are idiots they dint do much about the quality unless they are being look closely by their supervisors, and didn't even know how to test something even there is a manual, they need some like video tutorial even though is very easy task,ive experience it, (QA from India). look at their test boards in their fb site, not even close to the well tech test room, FYI hynix is the most contracted OEM of well known brands. i guess you are just fascinated of light that is new to rams. and they torture dogs even very young dogs before they cook and eat. (honestly they just put a live young dog to a boiling pot and they die there).

Mitch234

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013

That is the kind of thought-less, arrogant, misinformed and bias sentiment that can only come from a yank. Unfortunately you are the kind of person that give Americans a bad name and I weep for the people that get stereotyped because of the likes of you. The United States have broad and very diverse population pool, Thank god very few of them bath in the unimaginably shallow end that you are obviously floundering in.

Questors

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2004
Mitch234 said:monkxy said:its made from china i will not buy that ram, china will spy on you absolutely its a wrong idea, led is just a good cover to their poor products, Chinese staff in the plants are idiots they dint do much about the quality unless they are being look closely by their supervisors, and didn't even know how to test something even there is a manual, they need some like video tutorial even though is very easy task,ive experience it, (QA from India). look at their test boards in their fb site, not even close to the well tech test room, FYI hynix is the most contracted OEM of well known brands. i guess you are just fascinated of light that is new to rams. and they torture dogs even very young dogs before they cook and eat. (honestly they just put a live young dog to a boiling pot and they die there).

That is the kind of thought-less, arrogant, misinformed and bias sentiment that can only come from a yank.Unfortunately you are the kind of person that give Americans a bad name and I weep for the people that get stereotyped because of the likes of you. The United States have broad and very diverse population pool, Thank god very few of them bath in the unimaginably shallow end that you are obviously floundering in.

While I disagree with the quoted type of attitude and stereotyping, you are no better than the person you are criticizing. A bias sentiment that can only come from a yank? That statement makes you guilty of the same thing you supposedly dislike, which in turn make exactly what claim to not be.
We "yanks" are not all the same. Thankfully, you did make mention of that ideal about Americans. However, it does not absolve you of your judgemental opening statement. All of us don't hate, dislike, take ugly viewpoints, feel superior to, or otherwise debase others without reason and we are not all bigots and arrogant. We are people with varying opinions , feelings, education and experiences; like people in China, the UK and countries all over the world. Maybe you need to read your rebuttal again and then take a long look in the mirror.

Mitch234

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013

True, I should have taken breath and actually thought about what I was saying before I said it. And coming across this thread a month latter and reading it even I must admit that that comment is inappropriate and "unflattering" to say the least.

I apologise if what I said offended anyone. That was not my intent.

Questors

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2004

Thank you kind Sir.

Questors

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2004
mikeny said:So here is a question. Who makes the RAM? Do they make it themselves? I was hesitant at first and got Ballistix RAM.

I have read the entire thread as I was also considering this brand of ram for a new build. The motherboard is based on black and yellow and yellow is a difficult color to find in ultraviolet as it is hard to get the coloring right. Yellow UV items often show up as a yellow-green tint.
As for answering your question, I have zero idea who actually makes the ram chips for this brand. There is an earlier post in this thread claiming made in Tiawan, which would be considered a positive over mainland China. There is also a rebuttal claiming they are just another 3rd party maker possibly receiving lesser quality chips. For future reference, you could possibly search for the company/brand via the Internet, contact them and ask who makes their parts/the origin of component manufacture.
Regards,
Questors

I know this thread is old, but it is one of the first things to come up while googling "Avexir RAM", and it gets revived every so often so I thought I would post a little something on here.

I currently have and use Avexir RAM in three computer systems. I know a lot about computers, but I have only been buying parts for about a year now. This is the 3rd company I purchased RAM from. This RAM works exactly as it is reported on the product page, and overclocks pretty easy without issue. My current RAM which is supposed to be 9-9-9-27-2T @ 1600 with 1.5v is running at 9-10-9-24-1T @ 1866 with 1.5V. I know this isn't a major overclock, but it pretty much goes to whatever I set it at easily. My CPU I think has a slight bug with its memory controller, because it at times did not want to run the RAM at lower frequency. I think I damaged this function of my CPU when I attempted to get the RAM working at 9-11-11-28-1T @ 21??mhz at 1.5v. It was completely stable at 10-10-10-24-1T @ 19??mhz 1.5v.

The RAM has functioned perfectly though. In the original kit I received one stick was bad, and I contacted the Avexir company to deal with the issue. They allowed me to ship only the 1 bad stick back to them while keeping the other 3 so my PC would not be down. Newegg would not let me do this. The company answered quickly and was easy to talk and work things out with. They made a slight mistake and sent me a complete 4 Channel kit in return! They paid for the shipping of it to me, and even opened up the kit and ran a full test on them, printed the diagnostics page, and mailed to me to show they made sure it worked. All of them have worked perfectly.

You can decide how you would like, but I just want to say at least for me the RAM worked fine except the one bad stick, which can happen to anyone with any company. The customer service was friendly, and understanding and fixed the problem right away. Despite shipping the item from Taiwan the replacement came very quickly.

More reliable I think than G.Skill, because the only time I bought G.Skill they were completely bad, and was a ton of trouble to get the problem fixed.

One more note, because of mentioning it coming from China and Taiwan, and about Chinese goods being cheap. First, I would hope that if you know about computer parts, that you realize the vast majority of parts come from China, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Japan. Second, the confusion of how is it coming from "The People's Republic of China" if it comes from Taiwan is a simple answer, but easily confused as this has changed several times in the last century. Taiwan is part of China. The United States formally recognized Taiwan as a part of China in 1972 when President Nixon opened relations with China. While there is still a divide in law and other aspects of the two societies, and the USA still has military forces stationed in Taiwan, Taiwan regardless is a part of China. Even Taiwan accepts that it is part of China, but exists with China in a similar way as Hong Kong.

I hope this will help clear up some confusion for people in future.

icehawk_1995

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Just trying to raise historical awareness here:

When President Nixon opened relations with China, he stopped recognizing the Taiwanese government as the rightful ruler of China--and that's not quite the same as what you mentioned. The USA still believes that Taiwan is a sovereign country, and Taiwan is not a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China, as Hong Kong is.

The majority of Taiwanese, in recent polls, are still unwilling to be associated with the PRC government, nor become part of China; China is working to sway their resolve by being all nice to Taiwan, more often than not. Macau and Hong Kong SARs have also become a "showroom flat" to show Taiwan that being a SAR of China isn't half as bad as they thought.

But I call bullshit on these "showrooms". I should know, I was born in Hong Kong (although I only lived there for my first <6 years and I have serious nationality/sense-of-belonging issues).

Regarding the general content of your post, thank you for posting your detailed review. It certainly was useful to me. I hope we can get more reviews flowing into this thread for ease of reference!

In my area, one of the reputable local stores is selling
G.Skill RipJaws X 1600 (2x4GB),
CL10 Corsair Vengeance 1600 (1x8GB) and
AVEXIR Core 1600C9 (2x4GB) -- with R/Y/W/G LED, for almost the same price.

I'm torn between the (much) better-looking AVEXIR and the other two. Was hoping to get some advice, since I've never built a custom PC myself before.

Actually no, we stopped seeing Taiwan as a separate and sovereign nation. In fact, there isn't a single country in the world, including Taiwan, that sees Taiwan as a separate nation from China. It is not controlled in the same way as Hong Kong, but is still a part of China.

The President of Taiwan openly recognizes that Taiwan is a part of China, and that the connection between them is not an international one. This again shows there is a strong connection between them. The only reason for defenses at all anymore is to prevet a forceful takeover of the government on the island.
http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201310170016.aspx

Things might be different in terms of the people and how they feel, but in a government level they are connected. Much the same way the U.S. is with any of its states, or any nation is with a colony. The colony has weapons for defense and ultimate rule of itself if need be, but still has a connection with home.

Glad the post was useful to you though. in honest it might have been better to open a new thread, so that other experience users would see and comment, where they might not now. But that is okay, I can help you some.

Personally, I would 100% mark out the Corsair RAM. Not that Corsair is a bad company, but the CL on that one is 10, so it will give slower performance.

Between the other two, I don'tknow the CL for the G. Skill's you are looking at, but I personally would go with Avexir. I have only owned one pair of G.Skill RAM and when they came both sticks were bad. So I don't like them. I have head their customer service is also bad, but I have never contacting them.

Avexir is quite solid from my dealings with them. They are held together well, and it s nice to look in and see them flashing away in the case. I have been unable to really overclock them at all, so they are stuck pretty much at their current settings but they still perform pretty great at that setting. Honestly, even if I got them overclocked to 2400Mhz, chances are they would only perform a few small percentages better.

Two other plus's to this decision. This will make you have 2 sticks of ram, and in most motherboards that means dual channel, and faster performance overall than one.
Second, I have contacted Aexier customer service, and they were quick at replying, realistically easy to work with, if you speak Chinese you would probably have an even easier time, and they are reasonable and fix problems quickly. I am happy with them still after a year, and its about the only piece in my PC I haven't changed in that time.

icehawk_1995

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Thanks. Whether recognized or not, we do know that Taiwan hadn't been getting along well with China's central government since their existence. There's been a good thaw in relations, but it doesn't feel like Taiwan would be officially absorbed by China anytime soon. As to when the world starts/started recognizing Taiwan as "part of China", I haven't heard much about that (and there are also multiple ways to define "part of China", including cultural, political and social dimensions).

But if you meant that deep down inside everyone feels that Taiwan and China are the same country and the same people, then I guess most of the world won't object to that. Officially speaking, since the governments are completely independent of each other in internal and external affairs, they're sovereign countries. So I guess we're talking about the same facts from different types of benchmarks *tech reference heheh*!

Back to this topic, yes I don't plan to overclock my RAM or even my CPU. My plan is a i5-4670, and that's quite good enough for my needs, so a better overclocking motherboard and 4670k would be unwarranted.

A lower end motherboard and the 4670 would cost me almost USD100 less in comparison, which all gets channeled to a better GPU ;) (Thinking about a GTX670 OC, since the ASUS GTX670 is only ten bucks more than GTX760)

Any strong opinions on that either--my config? Is the CPU/GPU quality balanced?
Probably gonna get the parts and build it in early December, so I'll be lurking this/these thread(s) for a little while :)

TRENDING THREADS