HOW DOES TEMPERATURE AFFECT COMPUTERS

sullydog

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
HELP. EVERY MORNING IT TAKES FOREVER TO GO FROM MY CHAIN LOCATION TO MY MAIN BRANCH WHICH IS NECESSARY FOR THE RECIEPTS TO PRINT. SHOULD I LEAVE THE HEAT ON AT NIGHT?
CARL

sullydog

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Ask the same question without capitols as I do not appreciate being shouted at and then I might answer your question.
EXCUSE ME! This is supposed to be a HELPFUL site! You should get over yourself or Tom's should do some screening of the ones that sign up for HELPING others. Who do you think?

Carl, obviously if its a business computer, they aren't really designed for super cooling, because they don't run super hot however dust collecting inside can have some direct results on accumulated heat so getting some compressed canned air, taking it outside, removing the cover and carefully blowing the accumulated dust out will help.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, ask a tech to inspect the machine for you and see if you have a dust buildup problem, because you'll have to shut your system down to do it, and you probably have an auto backup system.

You could lower the building heat to maybe 60F or so at night, but the lower you take it the costlier it will be to raise it back for employee work comfort level, but if you have a restroom in the building do not turn off the heat period, especially if you're in freezing temperatures at night.

sullydog

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

4ryan6,
Thanks you've been most helpful

sullydog

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

I'm totally unsatisfied with my first responder who thought I was yelling at him due to my use of CAPITALS.
So please do not email me any more. If you want to see our exchanges I'm sure you can review my file.

TRENDING THREADS