Sign in with
Your question

Help, overclocking problems

Last response: in Overclocking
February 20, 2012 5:18:07 PM

so i built my own desktop, the mobo is a asus p6t deluxe v2, and the processor is an and FX 4100, i used it great for about a month, then today i decided to try to over clock it a little, well it didn't go well
i set the frequency to 250 (stock is 200) and the processors adjusted ghz was like 4.05, or something like that, and i click save and restart, it did, told me it failed and brought me back into bios, so it set the freq to 245, and again failed restart into bios, set the freq to 240 and save and restart, and now it won't turn on, nothing, no boon, no activity on the monitor at all. i press the power button the system powers up, lights on, bluray drive spins,and then everything stops, and (lights still on) restarts, and everything powers on again, and restarts, mind you the two activity light on the tower are on the whole time.
i don't know what i did, its not the power supply, because it gets power, i have a more powerful cpu cooler (arctic cool something) but i don't know what to do, anyone have any ideas it would be really appreciated thanks

More about : overclocking problems

a b K Overclocking
February 21, 2012 2:30:49 AM

MouseMonkey will spank you if you bump your own threads, btw.
Related resources
February 21, 2012 2:36:33 AM

don't care, still need help here
February 21, 2012 5:22:03 AM

never mind, problem solved, and i have to say, i am the smartest retard ever
February 28, 2012 4:53:18 PM

Don't use your FSB to overclock that processor, it is unlocked. Use the CPU multiplier. Whenever you use the FSB it overclocks everything, NB, RAM, HT link... Overclock one thing at a time with the multipliers to narrow down what fails when you overclock to high.
!