EP45-DS3R Drivers

bob64

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Hello,
I just picked up an esata system to add some storage to my system. Having some problems getting it to accept the multple drives in the box. It only sees the first one. I have an GA-EP45-DS3R MB and 8G Memory. I have tried reinstalling my Windows 7 Pro with the Raid drivers and with and without the AHCI without success.

bob64

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

Can't find any purple connectors on the MB.

bob64

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Sorry it has taken this long. The connectors on the MB are all Orange. I have looked at the online manuals at Gigabyte and think an engineering change was made. The GBB36X driver is looking at the PATA port and the ESATA drives are being seen and attached on the other ports. The windows driver does not work with port multiplier. Tried to download software to upgrade the MOBO but dont have floppy and software from Gigabyte does not see the USB drive. I know it is driver issue because I have a second HD with UBANTU that sees everything. Do I just load W

You don't need to update the BIOS if Ubuntu works fine. Presuming that the eSATA system is connected to the JMicron controller, did you try the latest drivers from their site? ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/SATA_Controller/Windows/

To update the BIOS, use a USB key and update it through the BIOS utility. You shouldn't do it unless you are relatively sure that it will resolve the issue.