SSD FAILURE? (SSD IN RAID CANNOT BOOT)

igotsnomoney

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Something is Seriously wrong with my computer. (Before i start my story i use dual OCZ vertex 2 50gbs in RAID 0 for a boot drive)
It all started when i was playing a game and i got a blue screen with no error message code is (00000000F4.) When i restarted, it only detected one of my SSDs and said the stripe failed. then it popped into a blank screen where i attempted to load the OS. after some random dots it said boot failure. i restarted the computer and then it detected the other drive and i was able to boot into the os. after 10 min i got the same blue screen that started this whole thing.

I ran a disk check and on the 5th step it step it said unexpected error occurred. THEN THE CHKDSK BLUE SCREENED!!!

I tried swapping the ports the ssds are connected to and still no luck. and i dont think the ssds are failing because sometimes it does work for about 5 min.

I think its either one of the drives failed (can an ssd even fail?) or there is a problem with a SATA controller)

System Specs:
Gigabyte P55 USB3 Rev 1 mobo
Intel Core i5 750 (no OC)
2X Vertex 2 SSDs 50gb (100gb volume in RAID 0)
seagate 500gb storage drive
Nvidia GTX 460 Cyclone.
Coolermaster 500W PSU

PLESE HELP !!!!! :(

ZARDAR

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

you need to use the process of elimination will mobo post and boot with an older hdd drive (if you have one ie no blue screen) if it blue screens with no ssd conected get your ram tested if old drive works fine it is def an ssd problem or chat between mbo an ssd

TRENDING THREADS