does xp have an equivalent to previous windows msconfig?

Just curious as to this newly aquired winxp computer!!
eek!! it's all so new to me... I loved my ME!!!

It seems like there's so much that is running... When I
ctrl alt delete to task manager and click Processes.. It
seems like there's way too much running.... Is there a
way I can do a select start up????

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about does equivalent previous windows msconfig

    msconfig is still there in Windows XP. I'm not too familiar with ME - but my
    guess is that this tool is a lot more powerful here in XP. Be careful about
    turning off any services or messing about with any tab other than "Startup",
    until you have a good idea what's going on.

    --
    ~john aka: jopa

    "canadagrl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Just curious as to this newly aquired winxp computer!!
    > eek!! it's all so new to me... I loved my ME!!!
    >
    > It seems like there's so much that is running... When I
    > ctrl alt delete to task manager and click Processes.. It
    > seems like there's way too much running.... Is there a
    > way I can do a select start up????
    >

    > Thanks

Configuration Msconfig Windows XP