does xp have an equivalent to previous windows msconfig?

August 25, 2004 11:06:00 PM

Just curious as to this newly aquired winxp computer!!
eek!! it's all so new to me... I loved my ME!!!

It seems like there's so much that is running... When I
ctrl alt delete to task manager and click Processes.. It
seems like there's way too much running.... Is there a
way I can do a select start up????

Thanks
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:19:15 AM

msconfig is still there in Windows XP. I'm not too familiar with ME - but my
guess is that this tool is a lot more powerful here in XP. Be careful about
turning off any services or messing about with any tab other than "Startup",
until you have a good idea what's going on.

--
~john aka: jopa