Windows Fails to startup

mrj1072

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Good morning. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section but I would be grateful if someone could provide me with some assistance.

I recently built my first computer and have had zero issues up until this morning.

When booting up everything seems to be working up until it gets to the 'starting windows' screen. At this point the pc switches over to the Startup repair tool and attempts to fix the issue. It however states that it cannot repair this automatically. It was fine yesterday, however there was a critical windows update last night that I'm a bit suspicious of now.

When Startup Repair runs I get:

Startuprepairofline

problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature 03: unknown
problem signature 04: 21200389
problem signature 05: Autofailover
problem signature 06: 4
problem signature 07: corrupt file

According to the log that was generated the issue is stemming from a corrupt file located at:

d:\window\system32\drivers\jastor.sys

For one thing, D: should be assigned to my optical drive. I only have a 1 TB HDD. I have an ASUS mobo.

Also restore points don't seem to be doing anything.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Please let me know if other info is needed. I'm almost at the point of reformatting and re-installing

jsmakkar

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I understand how frustrating it is when things like this happen.
I would suggest a Windows reinstall in this situation.
Thanks - Good luck - Hope everything works fine for you - Have a great weekend!!!!

G

I agree entirely with the above , but if it was MY OWN pc I would also remove all the partitions first, and start again completely from scratch....