EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 core OC questions

thegage

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
What should really start this at when i over i have water cooling for my h100 on the cpu but idk what to start for what temps and voltage is good for these cards i have about 4 120 mm rosewill fans blowing right on the cards in win dragon rider case with 6 fans on the side so what temps are good and what core and mem should be easy to handle

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
I have a 560 ti as well (less cores/ not the limited edition) and I use MSI Afterburner, it's the best overclocking program hands down. Basically, you are presented with a screen that has all of the settings for core/shader/memory clock and voltage. You can unlock the voltage in the settings tabs if it isn't already. To start, move the slider under core clock up by about 10-15 MHz and the shader slider will move automatically. Then move the memory slider as well at about 10-20 MHz. With these new settings you'll want to test in Furmark and check for artifacting (just like a 5 minute burn in) and stability. If the card doesn't crash you can repeat these steps until the display driver fails to respond. At that point you can restart your pc, go back into afterburner, and increase the voltage of the card until it's stable again (as long as you don't exceed 1150 mV you should be good to go.

Once you get a high clock you'e happy with, do a full test in Furmark and possibly 3DMark.

REMEMBER: Higher clocks are not always best, I got more performance at 1030 MHz in BF3 than at 1040, but you'll want to get as high as you can or are comfortable with. All cards are different and some can overclock better than others, for reference though here are the specs of my 560 ti: 1100 mV, 1030 MHz Core Clock, 2060 shader clock, and 2355 MHz memory clock. Fan speed at auto. Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions.