Enabling Hybrid SLI screwed up clarity

pilotdude

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I recently enabled Hybrid SLI in my BIOS (geforce 9300 iGPU with my 8800GT discrete GPU), and since then, my monitor's been excessively bright and werid, the fonts look blurred, and the crystal clear clarity is gone. Everything looks "beefy" and the colour is un-natural. I played around with colour and vibrance settings in the Nvidia control panel, even restored defaults but to no avail.

what's going on here?

Russian1337

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Perhaps the resolution is screwed up? Try testing those settings. Also check the settings on the actual monitor, set it to auto adjust. The font issue may happen if the monitor itself is not adjusted properly!

pilotdude

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
no the resolution's the same, the flicker rate's the same, everything's the same. ah well i'm gonna be switching to win 7 soon anyway so that'll most likely fix anything that's wrong

oKnow

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

Can you tell us what happened? I'm interested in getting the same kind of setup. 9300i + 8800gt.

Was it fixed?
What kind of performance difference are you seeing?

pilotdude

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The performance is fine, it's only the taskbar that's a bit blurry when text is selected. if that makes sense

so i'm guessing, when I enabled hybrid SLI, the windows aero settings changed. or something along those lines. it's not really noticeable.

the strange thing is, 8800GT doesn't support SLI, but DXdiag is reporting more video card memory and faster clock speed anyway