DAEMON.EXE runs constantly using 99% of resources.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Daemon.exe and Prefetch is always running which slows the
hard drive down to a crawl. I cannot get rid of daemon.exe
from task manager. It just moves and starts again. How can
I correct this problem? Also have an entry point error at
start up but don't know if this is related. I am using XP
Pro

Daemon.exe does not come with Windows; it typically is a tool used to create
Virtual CD's.

You can use msconfig (Start\Run, enter "msconfig") to stop it from loading
at startup.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.