DAEMON.EXE runs constantly using 99% of resources.

August 26, 2004 1:15:31 AM

Daemon.exe and Prefetch is always running which slows the
hard drive down to a crawl. I cannot get rid of daemon.exe
from task manager. It just moves and starts again. How can
I correct this problem? Also have an entry point error at
start up but don't know if this is related. I am using XP
Pro
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 4:34:54 PM

Daemon.exe does not come with Windows; it typically is a tool used to create
Virtual CD's.

You can use msconfig (Start\Run, enter "msconfig") to stop it from loading
at startup.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

!