DAEMON.EXE runs constantly using 99% of resources.

Daemon.exe and Prefetch is always running which slows the
hard drive down to a crawl. I cannot get rid of daemon.exe
from task manager. It just moves and starts again. How can
I correct this problem? Also have an entry point error at
start up but don't know if this is related. I am using XP
Pro
1 answer Last reply
More about daemon runs constantly resources

    Daemon.exe does not come with Windows; it typically is a tool used to create
    Virtual CD's.

    You can use msconfig (Start\Run, enter "msconfig") to stop it from loading
    at startup.

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Daemon.exe and Prefetch is always running which slows the
    > hard drive down to a crawl. I cannot get rid of daemon.exe
    > from task manager. It just moves and starts again. How can
    > I correct this problem? Also have an entry point error at
    > start up but don't know if this is related. I am using XP
    > Pro

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP