Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cpu is bad

Last response: in CPUs
January 11, 2010 5:22:17 PM

I have a dell xps 410 that I'm working on, got all the power to it but I've got no video all the fans work and it beeps when it comes on I think the cpu is bad and need some advice for a replacement also there is this wried clicking sound inside whet is that about never heard it before.

More about : cpu bad

a b à CPUs
January 11, 2010 7:20:13 PM

terry5051 said:
I have a dell xps 410 that I'm working on, got all the power to it but I've got no video all the fans work and it beeps when it comes on I think the cpu is bad and need some advice for a replacement also there is this wried clicking sound inside whet is that about never heard it before.

just has bigwater said, sounds like failed hdd.

If the cpu failed (lets i checked anyways), you shouldn't be hearing any beeps.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

January 11, 2010 7:33:10 PM

Even with a bad hdd, the pc should boot so if you don't have anything on the monitor then the problem has to be from video/motherboard/ram or cpu. Please tell us how many beeps do you hear.
Also take out the videocard and ram memory and put it back and see if is working.
January 11, 2010 7:45:03 PM

I took out the RAM and video card and it all seems to be working fine now this is my friends pc and boy was it dirty thanks for all your help love the forum
January 20, 2010 11:15:22 PM

Best answer selected by terry5051.
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2010 11:46:20 PM

terry5051 said:
I took out the RAM and video card and it all seems to be working fine now this is my friends pc and boy was it dirty thanks for all your help love the forum

Would love to see a pc "working fine" with no ram.
!