USB 2.0 running at 1.1?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • USB
  • Devices
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 20, 2010 5:33:01 AM

I keep getting the message "your usb 2.0 device could be running faster, plug it into a usb 2.0 choose from list blah blah blah" my m4n72-e is all usb 2.0 This wouldn't even concern me as for the most part it doesnt seem to be affecting much. The exception however is my large investment in nvidia stereo 3d setup. I get flicker in the glasses from the IR losing sync. I think this could very possible be attributed to the usb not putting out the bandwidth needed...I have tried multiple usb ports (they all eventually give me the plug into a usb 2.0 error) I have had to change my kit to run at 110hz to almost eliminate the flickering...but i would rather run in 120hz. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this, or just check to ensure that it is running at usb 2.0 speeds and not usb 1.1 speeds?

I have already checked in the bios, it is set up for usb 2.0

More about : usb running

April 20, 2010 6:19:35 AM

Yea, I have had the same problem sometimes but never really fiddled with it myself.

One thing though, is your device USB2 capable? even some new USB devices arn't

Sorry if its a stupid question.
m
l
April 20, 2010 4:19:24 PM

hamiac said:
Yea, I have had the same problem sometimes but never really fiddled with it myself.

One thing though, is your device USB2 capable? even some new USB devices arn't

Sorry if its a stupid question.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I was assuming it had something to do with the usb port not running the right speeds which was causing the flicker with the Nvida 3d glasses. It wouldn't be a problem at all if it wasn't one of the more expensive investments for my computer I have made. The 3d kit was the most expensive set of components...and now it doesn't work properly. As always, Nvidia doesn't really care about my plight since they have already made their money off of me.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 89 V Motherboard
April 20, 2010 4:59:09 PM

Your USB ports likely won't run at 2.0 speed until you install the motherboard drivers.
m
l
April 23, 2010 4:01:51 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
Your USB ports likely won't run at 2.0 speed until you install the motherboard drivers.

I have the latest chipset drivers installed already, thats what I can't figure out.
m
l
!