Your question

DHCP problem

Tags:
  • DHCP
  • System Restore
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 16, 2012 9:31:07 PM

My system restore function, plus search stopped working after a system restore. I have tried most solutions except for getting a SP3 disk. I run xp home addition 2002/SP3. The last effort was to type eventvwr.mec and look for errors. The system restore service and a Dhcp file had errors marks.

Can you please help me to restore system restore?

Ron

More about : dhcp problem

April 19, 2012 5:14:06 PM

If you can't run a system restore, try doing a repair installation of Windows.

Plus, bit confusing here, you already did a system restore, so it did work. Why are you trying to do another system restore?
m
l
April 26, 2012 5:58:38 AM

hang-the-9 said:
If you can't run a system restore, try doing a repair installation of Windows.

Plus, bit confusing here, you already did a system restore, so it did work. Why are you trying to do another system restore?

How can I do a repair installation of Windows; I have no disk.

After a ran my system restore the system restore, plus the help files and search went missing>
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2012 2:20:10 PM

RON89502 said:
How can I do a repair installation of Windows; I have no disk.

After a ran my system restore the system restore, plus the help files and search went missing>

Need to get a disk then. Can't go any further without a new setup.
m
l
May 1, 2012 4:20:28 PM

I have sp3 as an iso on disk, if this is the "disk" how do I use it: if not what disk do you refer to and how do i get it?

Ron
m
l
May 1, 2012 4:45:04 PM

If it's Windows XP with SP3, burn the iso as a disk (don't just put the iso file on the disk, you need to create a disk using the ISO file), then boot off that disk and do a repair setup.

If it's only SP3 (as in the service pack only) files, you need to get an XP disk. Contact MS or the PC vendor, can get one. Or borrow a disk from someone. Or get on on ebay. As long as you have your own key for XP, you will be OK with getting an XP disk from someone else.
m
l
May 8, 2012 3:29:21 AM

I had a possible solution to restore the restore process, but I need to turn my sp3 iso into a disk that my computer can read. I used a program "free easy burner" to do this but I cannot read the disk, it still in an iso form I guess. Can you help with this attempt of mine. What program would you recommend?
Ron
m
l
May 8, 2012 2:02:01 PM

RON89502 said:
I had a possible solution to restore the restore process, but I need to turn my sp3 iso into a disk that my computer can read. I used a program "free easy burner" to do this but I cannot read the disk, it still in an iso form I guess. Can you help with this attempt of mine. What program would you recommend?
Ron

This should work http://www.imgburn.com/
m
l
May 11, 2012 6:00:21 AM

I download the program, but it wouldn't open the Sp3 file, that is its various parts. I am close to simply accepting my computer as is. I still can do most of what I want. One part of me would like to copy everything to my external drive and re install xp. However, I might just create more problems than I have now> What do you think? I appreciate your concern.

Ron
m
l
May 11, 2012 2:58:17 PM

You are not trying to open it, you need to burn the ISO to a disk, as an image not as the file.

Is this a Windows OS disk, or just SP3? If it's just SP3 it won't work.
m
l
!