Help with oc'ing 7970

xtremegamer2da-max

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
need to know a few things about oc'ing my 7970

1 how high to oc it i (want to oc pretty high and i was originally oc to 1200 mhz but decided to ask)
2 how high should i set the voltage
3 how DO i overclock it
4 is there any important things idk about

Solution
I am not familiar with the higher end cards as much as I am with the mid range as that is what I have.
-For overclocking MIS Afterburner is used by many people, including myself.

-When changing your GPU and Memory clocks for increased performance remember that every card is different and will not clock at the same levels as another 7970 even if it is the same brand and all

-If you have AMD Control Center you can overclock many GPU's if currently supported ( not sure seeing as the 7970 is brand new) and will allow minor- moderate overclocking

- When overclocking do it slowly. Dont go from 1000 GPU clock to 1200. go in 10-20 intervals, and stress test it with full load

- Watch you're heat. Being the Top of the line card I know the...

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I am not familiar with the higher end cards as much as I am with the mid range as that is what I have.
-For overclocking MIS Afterburner is used by many people, including myself.

-When changing your GPU and Memory clocks for increased performance remember that every card is different and will not clock at the same levels as another 7970 even if it is the same brand and all

-If you have AMD Control Center you can overclock many GPU's if currently supported ( not sure seeing as the 7970 is brand new) and will allow minor- moderate overclocking

- When overclocking do it slowly. Dont go from 1000 GPU clock to 1200. go in 10-20 intervals, and stress test it with full load

- Watch you're heat. Being the Top of the line card I know the 7970 is probably already running pretty high already. I personally would not want my Gpu running more then 70C but with that cpu maybe a bit more.

I would also ask why you are overclocking a top grade GPU that is probably running everything max?

I would maybe concentrate on overclocking that i5 of yours if it is still stock... but thats just me.

Solution