System crashes at random with malformed display

svs132

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hi,

Of late I have noticed something unusual with my Intel 865 CPU 3.00 MHZ system.
The system crashes occasionally at random times displaying a series of horizontal/vertical bars on the screen and the whole display becomes malformed..
Although the crash may be at random it can often be seen when I leave the system on for say 1 to 2 hours or sometimes more.It is unpredictable.
I eventually cleaned up the motherboard with cleaning solution and uninstalled/reinstalled the CPU Heatsink ensuring it was properly fitted and there was no related issue.
But the problem is yet occuring .

PS: I usually switch off and switch on the power after the above crash occured because there is no way out.
At times the system starts and performs normally for a while before the problem reoccurs.
At some other time the system does not start up easily.
I do some jugglery removing /reinstalling memory modules, ide cables, etc etc. and it starts. And in one freak incident I just allowed the system to lie down horizontall instead of standing vertically and bingo the system starts.
I am not really sure of whether my system is jinxed or possesed by some ghost but the problem keeps reoccuring and im really frustrated.

Kindly help.

svs