Sign in with
Your question

Acer notebook zg5 ntldr is missing

Last response: in Windows XP
April 17, 2012 7:30:34 AM

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One (ZG5) No slot for disk, CD /DVD. Windows XP.

I tried restoring my notebook to its factory settings, half way through the process it said " Restore Failed! Reason: 0xf0000006. Click OK to restore.

Then it showed NTLDR is missing. Press Crl+Alt+Del to restart.

I tried Crl+Alt+Del it and it just came back on over and over.

I tried using a USB with the ntldrusb.zip (changed Fat32 to Fat )and it did not work. :(  it gave me 10 options to try and they all showed errors.

Error 1. Windows could not start because file "system32hal.dll was missing or corrupt

Error 2. Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Error 3. I/O Error accessing boot sector file multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)BOOTSECT.DOS

and so on...I even tried it on safe mode.

Please Help

a b \ Driver
April 17, 2012 7:37:34 AM

pinquesita said:
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One (ZG5) No slot for disk, CD /DVD. Windows XP.

I tried restoring my notebook to its factory settings, half way through the process it said " Restore Failed! Reason: 0xf0000006. Click OK to restore.

Then it showed NTLDR is missing. Press Crl+Alt+Del to restart.

I tried Crl+Alt+Del it and it just came back on over and over.

I tried using a USB with the ntldrusb.zip (changed Fat32 to Fat )and it did not work. :(  it gave me 10 options to try and they all showed errors.

Error 1. Windows could not start because file "system32hal.dll was missing or corrupt

Error 2. Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Error 3. I/O Error accessing boot sector file multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)BOOTSECT.DOS

and so on...I even tried it on safe mode.

Please Help

Sounds like you keep booting from the HD that has missing boot loader, ntdetect, and boot.ini files. Change boot sequence in F2 setup to CD, boot from the windows cd, invoke recovery console and fixmbr.
m
l
April 17, 2012 7:49:23 AM

Ok. I changed the boot loader in F2. But its a notebook so It does not have CD/DVD slots. Only media card and USB. How can I invoke the recovery console? I tried searching online and all said it needed the CD..I am confused.

Thanks for your help :) 
-Pinquesita
m
l
a b \ Driver
April 17, 2012 8:38:35 AM

pinquesita said:
Ok. I changed the boot loader in F2. But its a notebook so It does not have CD/DVD slots. Only media card and USB. How can I invoke the recovery console? I tried searching online and all said it needed the CD..I am confused.

Thanks for your help :) 
-Pinquesita

It is a Netbook with Intel Atom Processor - Not a Notebook.
Copy XP CD to USB media.
Make the media iso bootable. Search online if you do not know how.

Change to boot from USB
http://www.ehow.com/how_12114143_boot-acer-zg5-usb.html
m
l
!