My passport what are additional files

G

Hello,
So thought it time i did a backup of my pc again. I ran out of space because i have about 200gb of 'additional files' on my passport.
Can anyone tell me what they are, or how i can see what they are. Can't copy it back to my pc as i don't have that much free space.
Thinking if i don't know what they are i wont miss them so one option is to delete all the files on my passport and back up again?
Just thought i would ask before i do this.
Thanks

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Do you use this 'My Passport' exclusively for backups? If this is the case, delete all files or do an NTFS format which will clean the drive.

Now do a Backup of your entire computer (except the connected My Passport) onto the My Passport.

G

Yeah, i just use it for back ups, i figure it is files that maybe i have moved to different directories or some that i have previously backed up and since deleted, really don't know. But it's a very high % of my total files.

So yes, i will just delete all the data on the my passport and do a new backup, because previously it just adds the additional data when i backed up.

thanks for your help.

Yeah, i just use it for back ups, i figure it is files that maybe i have moved to different directories or some that i have previously backed up and since deleted, really don't know. But it's a very high % of my total files.

So yes, i will just delete all the data on the my passport and do a new backup, because previously it just adds the additional data when i backed up.

thanks for your help.
After you delete, do an NTFS format. This will clean up the drive. Then backup.

Alternately, I use Win 7 backup and EASEUS TODO BACKUP (free). http://www.todo-backup.com/