Windows 7 64 bit another display not detected

chiral8

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Bought a HIS 3D graphics card (Radeon 4600 series). The only video output that works is to my monitor. Will not detect my Sony TV (either with Windows 7 utility or Catalyst Control Center utility) via HDMI output. Won't work with a DVI to HDMI connection either. Both worked fine when I was using the Windows 7 beta, 32-bit. But then I installed official release Windows 7 64 bit and no detection. It looks like others are having similar problems. Anyone?

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
yup im having the exact same prob.. but i thought it was my asus 785g mobo.. its a new build .. and my first so im just lost.. i got it in the shop now.. if it does turn out to be the os .. when i get it back n find out whats really going on ill let you know what the solution is..

chiral8

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I go into Control Panel and search for "display", one option is "connect to an external display". Go into that and click "Detect" - nothing. Same basic process within Catalyst Control Center with the same result. With Windows 7 beta 32 bit there was automatic discovery. I didn't even need to install CCC or set anything. So, the OS came with two discs - 32 and 64 bit versions. I just ordered a cheap internal HD. I will switch that in, install the 32 bit version, see what happens, and let you know.

chiral8

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

I have an asus mobo too but a 5pk/epu. Mine came with on board video which I had to disable in the bios.