laptop AC problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2004 9:03:31 PM

HELP!!! :(
I have a toshiba 2450 s-203, and about a week ago a smashed my ac
adapter so i went to pc world and bought a kensington universal and
when i plug it in the power flashes on and off only when the comp is
actually doing something when in stand-by mode or switched off it
works properly, so it does charge the battery. It even does it when i
take the battery out but the laptop switches off. Any help would be
gratefully appreciated.
Jono :?

==============

More about : laptop problem

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 11, 2004 3:31:45 AM

sounds:
the input DC voltage is not exactly right or it needs more amps

"jono_clarke" <jono_clarke@tesco-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> HELP!!! :(
> I have a toshiba 2450 s-203, and about a week ago a smashed my ac
> adapter so i went to pc world and bought a kensington universal and
> when i plug it in the power flashes on and off only when the comp is
> actually doing something when in stand-by mode or switched off it
> works properly, so it does charge the battery. It even does it when i
> take the battery out but the laptop switches off. Any help would be
> gratefully appreciated.
> Jono :?
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 11, 2004 6:22:55 AM

Sava777 wrote:

> sounds:
> the input DC voltage is not exactly right or it needs more amps<g> last time I looked, the so called "universal" adapters they had were
only 70w units.
This laptop requires 15v @6amps, so it needs a 90W unit.
!