pankajjha

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
i m new to overclocking stuff
i have a Intel Pentium D 925 Presler 3.0GHz 2 x 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Dual-Core Processor
can u please tell me what should i look forward to before going in for overclockng and how to do it

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
A new motherboard would be a good idea. Also, get yourself a new cooler coolermaster v8 is NICE along with others. As for a how to, you need to look up the threads on overclocking those specific procs here on the THG. Im sure you find what you are looking for.

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

If you have a store bought computer you most likely will not be able to overclock it. The motherboards on those computers are locked where as if you build your own you can change the options in the bios. One of the most important things is to keep your temperature within the chips suggested operation temperature. This normally means buying a heat sink to take care of the extra heat generated by overclocking. You may want to download prime95 because it is fully uses your cpu so that you can check that it is stable and that it is under your temperature limit. A good spot to start is with an AMD black edition chip because the multiplier is unlooked.

pankajjha

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
hi
thanks for the advice but isnt there any way out i know 865 is a old mbd but still. just by any chance. and whn i checck my core speed in cpuz it is 2.4 ghz it is underclocked bus speed 200 mhz multipler 12 instead of 15. mine is not a store bought system and i have not made any change to the bios of mbd. tried checking it but couldn't make much out of it.

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

If you find out the exact model of your motherboard you can search for overclocking info on it. If a board can overclock someone mostlikely wrote up how to do it somewhere. All you need to do is search for it.

TRENDING THREADS