Overkill for Aion?

savage308

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I was honestly looking at building my own PC, but for times sake I need a computer NOW. Which means prebuilt. :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: GRRR!

If nothing else, any feedback on these pre-builts? Any and ALL feedback is appreciated. Don't sugar coat anything.

I'm wondering if this would be massive overkill for Aion at max settings around 12x10? Which brings up a question which monitor >.<

looking around the 1k mark minus mouse, keyboard, monitor.

AMD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229125

Or

I7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229107

If you think both of these are overkill for max settings, Could you please state why? and possibly a link to a good prebuilt that will run it maxed?

Edit: Just realised I put this in homebuilt!!!! Sorry. If a mod could move this for me that would be great.

the requirements are quite low, but I exceed the min and get 2 FPS
My current PC:
1.8 ghz core 2 duo, 1gig ram, nvidia geforce 6100 go vista x32 bit.

Min req:
CPU : Pentium 4 2.0GHz
RAM :1GB
VGA :GeForec FX 5600(128MB), DirectX 9 or higher

erikjansson

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hi, when running Aion NOTHING is overkill. I would go for the AMD one its quad core and has a high clock rate, compared to the intel which is also quad core. The graphics cards are the same, but ATI grapics card work better with AMD. The only positive thing abot the INTEL one is that it has more RAM but 6GB is overkill.

And consider the price too. AMD is cheaper.

Hope this helped.

ERik Jansson

i wouldn't go for either, build it yourself

PS: there is no such thing as overkill....EVER

If you are totally against building it yourself:
it might be better to go with the i7 build, for one im pretty sure Cyberpower lets you OC your rig (clock speed almost non-issue), and don't listen to erik, clock speed isn't everything, you have to keep into account the IPC of each chip as well

also the i7 has a slightly (~10%) better GPU

savage308

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Honestly, It's more about time then being against building one myself, I'm really wishy washy on the whole issue... the more i read reviews of these two pre builts andthe others it starts making me wonder.... I mean if the comp breaks down, I send it off for a week... Well that would have been a week it would take me to put mine togeather for the first time and know it was done right.... I will make a post with a build spec, and if nothing else have the local place build it with my components.... If it comes to that.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Actually, you are wrong. Your specs are below minimum. You've got integrated graphics, and it's two tiers lower than the minimum card, which is a terrible 5-7 year old card. The only integrated graphics that are worth a crap are AMD/ATI's. I mean, you could spend a crap ton of money, or just buy a non-shitty card on newegg. I'd say a 9600 GSO or a Radeon HD 4670, both of those can be had for $40 after rebate and are both SEVENTEEN TIERS higher than your integrated. I think after doing that you won't see much point in a whole new build.

Personally I'd prefer the ATI card, because of much lower power and much smaller size.

The i7 system is better, but its also $250 more. Getting the AMD system then using the $250 difference to upgrade to a 5850 graphics card would be a much stronger gaming machine. Both systems you are paying a couple hundred dollars to have someone assemble it for you.

TRENDING THREADS