G

Hi, I recently purchased a Seagate Barracuda SataII hard drive, whilst partitioning the hard drive in Windows 7 with Paragon Partition Manager 11, I was told the system would have to reboot to commit the changes as the disk couldn't be written to while in windows, as the computer was logging off I received a message that an application was preventing my system from logging off, I was also zipping some files to my external hard drive whilst carrying out the partitioning, I was asked did I want to cancel the logging off or force the application to close which was winzip to log off, unfortunately I accidently pressed cancel rather than force restart, this meant the virtual changes made to my drive where lost and I also lost total access to my new drive. I have tried repartitioning it with a Partition manager boot disk but although when I boot my system the drive is discovered my system then hangs, meaning I can't even boot from my DVD drive, If I use my old IDE drive my system boots from either the hard drive or the DVD drive, I would like to know if anybody has any ideas how I can access what seems to be a totally corrupt hard drive, as I have tried everything I can think of, even making my IDE drive a master and plugging my SataII drive in as Satta drive 3 or Satta drive 4 instead of Satta drive 1 as my DVD drive is also SattaII, thancks for your time

tomboy1690

Jimmkibogo

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Run a check disk operation. chkdsk /f /r where f is the drive letter. Try to boot in command but try with safe mode first.

TRENDING THREADS