Does Having the Greatest and Latest GPU Mean Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
if all the person does is play games that are 4-10 years old? Will games like Morrowind look even better, or will each game have its limit and having all the power in the graphic card is wasted?

Solution
The only thing it will do for you is allow you to run at maximum settings in video without any loss of performance. It won't improve the geometry of the games at all, just make them run smoother if your borderline.

price_th

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
The only thing it will do for you is allow you to run at maximum settings in video without any loss of performance. It won't improve the geometry of the games at all, just make them run smoother if your borderline.

Solution

inerax

Distinguished
I have dual 6950's 4gb total and love it. It was a big jump from the 9800gtx i had.

I wanted to get it so i could not worry about upgrading anytime soon.

I play WoW, TOR and CS.... thats about it. I also hook HDMI to my TV.

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Once you reach the point that you can run 60fps at max graphics in said game (with 8x anti aliasing) There is no more to be gained. If you know for sure which games it is you can search the internet to find what graphics card might be needed, or ask in the graphics card or games part of the forum (this is the overclocking part by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.