mike1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement PC that'll be used mainly for Web browsing, running MS Office, graphics editing and light gaming,
Both PCs sell for $999.99 from COSTCO. The AMD CPU PC has an $80.00 generic motherboard not sure about the motherboard
in the INTEL CPU PC. I'm leaning towards the INTEL PC. I've got a very nice Samsung 26" LCD monitor.

Let me know if I need to post this to another group.

Thanks

ZT Systems Desktop Core i7-860 2.80 GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphic,
Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor & Memory:

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 860 (2.80GHz)
Intel® H55 chipset
8GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory, 16GB MAX

Drives:

1.5TB SATA hard drive
DVD±RW optical drive
Front Panel 19-in-1 digital multimedia card reader

Graphics & Video:

ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Video Card w/ 1GB VRAM
VGA/ DVI/HDMI ports
DX11 Support

Communications:

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Audio:

8-CH High-Definition Audio CODEC w/ jack sensing

Keyboard & Mouse:

ZT 104-Key Desktop Keyboard
ZT Optical Mouse

Expandability (total bays/slots):

4 x 5.25" external (1 occupied)
2 x 3.5" external (1 occupied)
3 x 3.5" internal (1 occupied)
1 x PCIe x16
2 x PCIe x1
1 x PCI

Ports:

(2) PS/2 Keyboard / mouse ports
(1) HDMI Port
(1) VGA port
(1) DVI port
(8) USB 2.0 ports (2 Front, 6 Rear)
(1) 8-CH Audio port
(1) RJ-45 connector

Operating System:

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

Additional Software:

ZT Affdinity Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz, 1 GB Radeon 5450 Blu Ray
Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor & Memory:

* AMD Phenom™ II X4 Processor 965 (3.4GHz)
* AMD 760G / SB710 chipset
* 8GB DDR3 SDRAM memory, 16GB MAX

Drives:

* 2TB SATA Hard Drive
* 8x DVD±RW / Blu-Ray Combo Drive
* Front panel 19-in-1 multimedia card reader

Graphics & Video:

* ATI Radeon HD 5450 Video Card w/1GB VRAM, VGA/DVI/HDMI ports, DX11 Support

Communications:

* 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Audio:

* 8-channel capable audio with Jack Sensing

Keyboard & Mouse:

* USB Desktop Keyboard
* USB Optical Mouse

Expandability (total bays):

* 2 x 5.25" external
* 1 x 3.5" external
* 4 x 3.5" internal
* 1 x PCIe x16
* 1 x PCIe x1
* 2 x PCI

Ports and Slots:

* 1x HDMI port
* 1x DVI port
* 1x VGA port (15-pin)
* 8x USB 2.0 (2 front, 6 rear)
* 1x PS/2
* 6x Audio ports
* RJ-45 (LAN)
* 1x eSATA port

Operating System & Software:

* Microsoft® Windows 7 Premium - 64 bit
* Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (90-day trial)

Additional Information:

* CPU Dimensions: 14.2" H x 7.1" W x 15.4" D
* Power Supply: 300W
* Hardware Warranty: 2-year limited hardware parts and labor from date of purchase
* Lifetime 24/7 toll-free phone support
* Email and fax support from 9am-6pm EST
* For information, visit www.ztsystems.com/support

[Model Affinity 7361Ma]
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2010 (90-day trial)

I would go with the one with the best warranty. If both are the same, then the Intel would also be my first choice. But if you get a chance to try them out first (display models), then it's your call. Both cpus are excellent. You can also look into purchasing just the pc at Costco, and an hdtv somewhere else. I found a 24 inch true 1080p monitor-tv at newegg for under $200 recently (open box).

xxenergyxx

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
First of all, I know your not going to want to hear this, but, BUILD YOUR OWN :) lol

You'll save more $$$ and can pick each part individually... It's not that difficult to build once you know what is compatible.

Otherwise, I would go with the AMD. Just because I don't think the Intel's price, justifies it's performance.

The processors are good on both, too bad the 5450 is kind of sucks for gaming :(

mike1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004
Both PCs are from COSTCO and both have the same warranty. Neither comes with a monitor I have a very nice 26" HD Samsung monitor. The AMD box has a 300watt PSU and the INTEL box has a 430watt PSU. I'm viewing the video cards as throw waways in both boxes I'll replace them with a higher end card (I'll post this question separately)

Frankly, I really don't want to build another PC I want to dial one 800 HELP get a replacement part sent to me.

Also, the AMD has BLU ray which I don't need. At this point, I'm leaning towards the INTEL box uinless I can be talked out of it.
What are the short comings of the INTEL box?

Thanks

Shortcomings are insignificant for your purposes, assuming the software is similar. Be sure to make backup dvd's of windows 7 immediately if you don't get a windows dvd. You can also use cpu-z to id your motherboard model number. Often the software must be used with a geniune oem motherboard (such as hp) or the backup dvd's won't work. Hopefully, you will get at least 3 years out of the motherboard and a windows 7 dvd with keycode which can be used on a different brand of board if yours fails out of warranty. With 8 gigs of ram, your system could last 3-5 years before you feel the need to replace it. I also recommend using a canned air solvent designed for cleaning computer fans at least once a year on the power supply, case, and cpu fans. Mine is called "perfect duster" and sells for less than $5 at frys electronics. Cleaning the fans will keep the system cooler.

mike1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004
"...I also recommend using a canned air solvent designed for cleaning computer fans at least once a year on the power supply, case, and cpu fans. Mine is called "perfect duster" and sells for less than $5 at frys electronics. Cleaning the fans will keep the system cooler. .."

Thanks for the tip. Will do.