Cpu and one sys fan not turning on

zilla7777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
hi i just recently bought some upgrades for my PC and decided to change the case too. when i tested it it made a high squeaky noise and shot a fireball slightly smaller than my fist out the back of the mobo. now it is all set up with the spacers on the back and it is all working except for the cpu and sys fan. help?

zilla7777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
my setup hasnt been fried :p im using it now and ive tested GTA IV on it. i just connected the sys fan direct to the PSU so it is working now. the heat sinks fan still isnt working (the cpu fan)

zilla7777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
yes me and my friend were very lucky :D i didnt expect it to live. and funny thing is one fan connected to the mobo works perfectly fine. the fireball kinda singed my carpet a little :(

zilla7777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
funny thing is there isnt any mark on the mobo? :??: kinda strange. im thinking it touched the mobo panel of the case and shorted out on it and spark/ fire came from there i dont think the spacers were long enough

Only problem there is it will be at a set rate and will not self adjust as the CPU reaches higher temps. which may cause the system to be unstable - would be best to get a new MOBO - It is actually suprising it will run without a fan connected to the CPU fan connector - usually that will cause it to shut down to keep the CPU from burning.

zilla7777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
hmm i dont know but ive even OC'ed my phenom 9550 2.2ghz to 2.53 and the heatsink works perfectly at around 38C. thats great considering were in the middle of summer in australia here :) . any higher and the ram runs too hot though XD. im gonna do some case mods and vga ram and ram heatsinks for the whole lot

zilla7777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
YAY ive beaten you :) i got my 9550 2.2ghz to 2.62 and it runs around 35-43C almost silently :D and same problem with both vga and ddr2. im in adelaide so its pretty hot :) im planning on one H version and on L version of the thermalright hr-07 duos because i hve ram sticks in slots next to each other. im also going to get the high profile of zalman VGA RAM heatsinks so i can file them down to get the maximum height from them

TRENDING THREADS