8800 GTS and X58

G

Figured this fits best to the Graphics -section, but moderators please move it if you think it's in the wrong place.

So, I recently bought some upgrade for my PC. An Asus P6TD Deluxe mobo, Intel Core i7 920 cpu, and Corsair 3x1GB 1600MHz DDR3 kit. The problem is, I can't get a picture to my monitor through my "old'ish" 8800 GTS. The screen just stays black and doesn't seem to recognize the connections at all.

All the components were tested by a friend of mine at the shop I ordered them from (he works there) before they were shipped, and everything works well aswell with my friend's GTX285 installed.

The 8800 also runs perfectly at my old (current) PC, aswell as my friend's P45 system.

I've tried different cable and monitor, nothing.

Any advice?

Cheers.

Full new system specs:

Asus P6TD Deluxe
Intel Core i7 920
Corsair 3x1GB 1600MHz DDR3
Corsair HX750w
8800 GTS 320MB (to be replaced)
WD 320GB & 640GB SATA HDD's
LG Super Multi DVD Writer

Full old (current) system specs:

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon X2 6000+
Kingston 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2
Zalman ZM600-HP 600w
8800 GTS 320MB
Samsung 300GB SATA HDD
Samsung DVD Writer

-What OS is on your old PC, on your new PC?
-Have you tried to use a DVI to VGA adapter and plug it into your monitor with a vga cable?
-What model monitor do you have?
-You installed it into the to most PCI-E slot on the motherboard, right?

D

Deleted member 217926

Did you plug in the 6pin power connecter?

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
If you're not getting the beeps for hardware error, then it's probably a connection problem between the card and monitor. Have you tried both DVI ports?
And the PCI-Express connector is plugged into the card?

G

I've tried all three PCI-E ports on the mobo, aswell as both DVI connectors. Haven't tho yet tried VGA crad with an adapter, gotta dig that up and see how it goes.

As for the OS, my old PC has had XP Pro 32, Vista Home Premium 32, Win7 Home Premium 32. But this isn't really relevant, as I can't even see a post or anything.

G

And yes, I have all the power cables correctly connected.

(huh, couldn't edit my last post to add this to it? "You are not allowed to edit this post."... dno..)

It is relevant. Also, what model monitor do you have?

I've seen LCDs not work because they are not HDCP compatible. And when you hook them up to a Vista machine they don't work, however in XP they do. But a VGA connection does not use HDCP, therefore if that works, this could be the problem.