Water Cooling Nightmare!

mtech23

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
So I started the install on my brother rasa rs 240 kit today and ran into some trouble..

First off the 5.25" res/bay combo can not be screwed in the proper place without drilling holes into his bays which really isn't a big deal BUT we ordered 1/2" ID UV Acid green tubing for the kit since the barbs are also 1/2" and with the little plastic clamps that come with the kit we have multiple leaks from the tube to barb seals...

Just looking for some easy inexpensive solutions..for the time being I was thinking just putting in some plumber grade screw tight clamps until we come up with a better solution. As far as the bay mounting I see no other choice then to drill holes to accommodate the bay/res.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
can you post pics of the rez, i don't 100% follow what u mean there.

as for the leaking. i try to stick away from barbs, i use compression fittings.

being you have the barbs you can try some Hose clamps. they can be done as tight as anything and will make a good seal. they are also cheap as.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=h...5DYX2mAXqpqT2Aw&ved=0CGwQsAQ&biw=1536&bih=805

your local hardware store should have them at about $0.50 each.

Use your/his drive mounting rails to mount the res, if the case has them ofc, I had a similar issue and used the hdd rails from my dragon rider, as the pegs on optical driv rails are offset and won't fit
And yes the wormdrive clamps are fine, just don't over tighten,
Moto

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
BUT we ordered 1/2" ID UV Acid green tubing for the kit since the barbs are also 1/2" and with the little plastic clamps that come with the kit we have multiple leaks from the tube to barb seals...

Here is your problem- Rasa kit fittings are 7/16"ID not 1/2"ID. Running too large of tubing on smaller fittings never works. You can run smaller tubing on larger fittings if you do it right.