Specification-
AMD Phenom II X3 720BE
Asus M3N78-EM
Transcend 2 x 1GB DDR2 800mhz RAM CL4
Xtech 400W Power Supply

Problem-
Display is not coming despite several attempts

Desciption of Problem-
Recently I purchased ASUS M3N78-EM Motherboard and Install other hardware.
I start PC, CPU fan rotating continuously, NO Beep sound means RAM fitted properly, But Monitor light keep blinking

Troubleshooting I have tried and results-
After several unsuccessful attempts I assume problem might be with RAM or CPU, I reinstalled both things but nothing work
Then I Install new DDR2 RAM and Display appear but when I push restart button the Display gone
I put Transcend RAM one by one it works on 1 RAM, I remove it and install 2nd RAM from that kit but display wont coming
I conlcude problem might be with RAM installtion of Dual Channel and I might installing RAMs in mismatched slots so then I Put one in 2nd RAM(Yellow) slot and other one in Last RAM(Black) slot and things working fine for sometimes
On second day when I start same problem so I put transcend RAMs in my friend's system and Shocking to see those working fine without any Hassels
But when I put those RAMs again on my motherboard it gives display but upon restarting display not coming, I remove power cable and tried again but no Display.
Went to lamington to check the system but Engineer failed to recongise problem though suggested me to visit ASUS SC, I did it but Display coming there.
Luck by chance word is Perfect for this situation, Display appear sometimes and sometimes wont(no need to press reset)
This is happening even at minimum connection status that is only keyboard,power cord & vga cable connected.

Yesterday just curiously checked Qualified Vendor List of Memory for my Asus motherboard and Couldnt find my memory module, does it causing Problem?
Should I contact Transcend as well?

Techie gurus its kind request to Guide me

This suggests that one or both RAM sticks (or possibly DIMM slot) is malfunctioning.

First, clear your CMOS. To accomplish this, turn of the PSU and then pull the 4-pin and 20/24-pin power cables off of the motherboard. After the cables have been disconnected, switch the CMOS jumper from position 1-2 to position 2-3. Leave the jumper for about 10 seconds. Switch the jumper back to position 1-2 and then reconnect the ATX cables.

Next, install just one RAM module into the DIMM (following the motherboard manual instructions).

Now turn on your system. If you get a display, get into your BIOS and configure it to the RAM specs recommended by the manufacturer. While still in your BIOS, change your boot order to CD/DVD first in the sequence.

Save the BIOS and then restart.

If/When you boot into Windows, immediately open up a web browswer and go to www.memtest.org to download the MemTest86+ 4.0 iso. Burn the disc image to CD.

Now turn off computer, reinstall second RAM module, and turn on your system. MemTest will automatically run. Note that if MemTest finds any errors, it will automatically stop the testing. Any errors means faulty RAM; at this point an Return Merchandise Authorization is in order.

Good Luck

prayss

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Thank You for your kind Guidence
To mosox- Refresh Rate has already been set to 60hz

To T_T- Done Memory Test,
And It was glad to see message "****Passed Press ESC to Exit****"
So I think there are no errors with RAM, isnt it?
But once I pressed ESC key the Monitor starts blinking again
So I have to repeat those Steps-
Switching off SpikeGuard and then ON it and as usual the PC starts

While searching for same query, Got following solutions-
1. Problem should be with PSU as 12+ rating is very low considering CPU,Motherboard and RAM strength, Advised to Upgrade PSU

2. Problem might be with DIMM slots

What are your valuable thoughts on above solutions?
What should be done now?

prayss

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Just while replying you, I dont know what Happened the Monitor screen suddenly shows some weird lines and colors I couldnt see any Display then The screen entirely goes Red :eek: and I wait for 3-4 minutes and then Restart the PC
what would be the Problem?

Your GPU may be the culprit. A failing video card will start to show artifacts and all sorts of lines. You could try connecting the monitor to the motherboard directly, meaning not using a video card (GPU). However, if you are not using a video card, try using one, as the video/display problem may be in the on-board chipset.

As for the RAM, yes, no errors means the RAM is still good. Technically, if you were able to pass MemTest, that also means that there are no read errors from the DIMM, so they should be good too.

To address the possibilty of an underpowered PSU, yes, it certainly could be. The 400 watts is the max output, which is very misguiding. You want to be more concerned with what the amperage load for your +12v rails.

prayss

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
So kindly Recommend me the SMPS for this which should not be too much costly
I havent not tried Higher SMPS like the ones of CM, Corsair etc.
Is it sure that problem is caused by SMPS ?