Your question
Closed

Fan noisy after ugrade dell optiplex GX620 SFF

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 6:06:45 PM

Hi,

I just replaced my old gx620 sff mobo for a new motherboard for Optiplex 745 SFF.

Upgraded also the BIOS but found that the fan is too noisy, keeps running old the time, prior to the upgrade was running quietly.

Any ideas? I know that replacing the help may fix the problem

Thanks

Mick1166
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 6:30:29 PM

Check the bios for a "hardware monitor" or "pc health" section and turn down the smart fan settings. I use a "quiet" setting on my biostar board, plus the manual settings for engaging the fan with higher temps. I hate noise also; if my cpu runs 5-8 degrees warmer with the lower fan rpms, it is still ok. These cpus run fine up to 70c. Otherwise, get a zalman fan mate series rpm adjuster. They sell for around $7 at frys.
April 23, 2013 9:44:00 AM

I had the same problem when I changed processor of GX620.
I felt that I would need thermal pest after changing the processor but when I asked from people they said "You don't need to use thermal pest", I believed them and I didn't use thermal pest. Fan was very noisy after changing the processor so I tried to find a solution on forums but I never found that I have to use thermal pest.
After all of this, I used thermal pest and then as I thought, it worked.
Before using thermal pest, you have to clean the surface of processor and copper plate of heat sink or I should say bottom of heat sink and also, don't forget to clean hole heat sink and fan also...
JUST USE THERMAL PEST AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
Hope it will work...
July 13, 2013 9:06:53 AM

"JUST USE THERMAL PEST AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM" - This solution worked for me!

Before applying Thermal Paste, I could hear the fan in the next room! After applying the paste, I could hardly hear the fan when next to the PC! I thought a temperature sensor had gone bad before the fix. Thank you sincerely!

murtaza abbasi said:
I had the same problem when I changed processor of GX620.
I felt that I would need thermal pest after changing the processor but when I asked from people they said "You don't need to use thermal pest", I believed them and I didn't use thermal pest. Fan was very noisy after changing the processor so I tried to find a solution on forums but I never found that I have to use thermal pest.
After all of this, I used thermal pest and then as I thought, it worked.
Before using thermal pest, you have to clean the surface of processor and copper plate of heat sink or I should say bottom of heat sink and also, don't forget to clean hole heat sink and fan also...
JUST USE THERMAL PEST AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
Hope it will work...

!