Question about sound video & game controllers

glover2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I have been having a hell of a time with my onboard sound. When I go into device manager to check the devices there are no problems everything is working properly. But when I go into control panel to try to bring up the volume controls it says there is no audio device and everything thing is greyed out. I have tried updating drivers but I still recieve the no audio device. I think I am missing something in my sound video and game controller device manager.

This is what it looks like,

Sound, Video, & Game Controller
Audio Codec
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
Video Codecs

I'm sure my audio device is Realtek AC'97 because I went into Bios to make sure it was enable.Shouldn't I see something that says Realtek audio codec or driver in the Sound controller Device manager?

Could it be that my Mobo is going bad? I say that because my usb2 and usb3 that are for extra usb from motherboard aren't working either.

I was also wondering what extactly are all these devices for thats listed under the sound video game controller?(Specifically?)

Thank You

glover2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Yeah I went to Epox website and found the driver but I tried to download it but it like their server is not in service anymore or something. So I tried to download from some other sites but alot of them weren't drivers they were software that searches your hardware to see if it needs an updated driver.